Build Me A Cheap Neck....?

Fowl2338

Would anyone be willing to build me a neck-thru for under $80? It will be for my first build. Nothing crazy, just something like maple/rosewood.

Heck, I don't care if it's from some of your scrap wood!

I do not have the means to build my own neck....and I don't have enough money to buy one from carvin or stew mac.

If you are interested, post here or pm I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

The $209 necks from Carvin are cheap. Having one handcrafted would certainly not enter my mind as a cheaper alternative. I'd expect to pay considerably more.

Price some suitable wood for the neck (if a piece of wood is large enough for a neck-thru....it's not scrap :D, if it's lousy wood - it's not suitable), the fretboard (same thing), a truss rod, fretwire, etc. and see what you're really hoping someone will do for $80.

That's a REALLY good price. My question for it is why would you do the skunk stripe when you have a separate fretboard? That one makes no sense to me.

Haha same here, I have a little squire with the skunk stripe and separate fretboard. I've never been able to figure out the logic behind that one.

And that has to be the best price on one of those things I have ever seen.

That's a REALLY good price. My question for it is why would you do the skunk stripe when you have a separate fretboard? That one makes no sense to me.

idk my mim strat has a skunk strip with a rosewood (or what ever it is) fetboard

i just saw the neck posted and though it was a good price so i through it on here though dude might be willing to pay a little more than 80 bucks.

Edited by Tim37

about as good a price as you are likely to find on such an item - although you can see where they have saved costs over the stew-mac equivilent

the skunk stripe thing is odd, but rather common - just a manufacturing process. i assume they would do it so they can have maple and rosewood fretboard necks ready to go and install the truss rod in exactly the same way

the skunk stripe thing is odd, but rather common - just a manufacturing process. i assume they would do it so they can have maple and rosewood fretboard necks ready to go and install the truss rod in exactly the same way

Exactly, otherwise they'd have to come up with a separate process which adds costs like training and new jigs/templates.

Exactly, otherwise they'd have to come up with a separate process which adds costs like training and new jigs/templates.

yeah never thought of it like that. makes sense.