Help With A Bad Body Job

I am the owner of a Fretless Peavey Foundation Bass guitar that is in desperate need of a total rework. A long time ago I attempted to deconstruct the guitar in order to take a look at it. The original color of the guitar was black before a poor strip job left it in some rendition of a natural wood finish. but the laquor job used to make this was absolutely horrid. It appears that the bridge and the pickups have been laquored to the actual guitar. What is the best method of removing the laquor and freeing my PUPS and bridge? HELP.

I am the owner of a Fretless Peavey Foundation Bass guitar that is in desperate need of a total rework. A long time ago I attempted to deconstruct the guitar in order to take a look at it. The original color of the guitar was black before a poor strip job left it in some rendition of a natural wood finish. but the laquor job used to make this was absolutely horrid. It appears that the bridge and the pickups have been laquored to the actual guitar. What is the best method of removing the laquor and freeing my PUPS and bridge? HELP.

Any solvent on the Pickups will ruin them, at least any that will dissolve the lacquer. maybe its only the pickup rings you are referring to in which case rip them off and buy new ones. You can use a stripper around the chrome plated parts.

Honestly I would cut everything out using a razor blade sand the body down fill any marks, cuts or holes and paint it a solid color