Adrian Smith Sandimas Copy With A Twist

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a disappointment to everyone, but I haven't touched this project since I last posted. In fact the half routed bodies are sitting in storage along with the unshaped necks... I have been Uber busy as of late and having just finished school in Dec and starting a new job I just haven't had a spare minute to devote to this. Unfortunately now I no longer have access to the shop at school so anything I have to do now will have to happen on the porch of my new apartment. That meant power tools are out probably. I'd like to get back on this and my other projects Once things settle down a bit. I'll keep you guys posted.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to be a disappointment to everyone, but I haven't touched this project since I last posted. In fact the half routed bodies are sitting in storage along with the unshaped necks... I have been Uber busy as of late and having just finished school in Dec and starting a new job I just haven't had a spare minute to devote to this. Unfortunately now I no longer have access to the shop at school so anything I have to do now will have to happen on the porch of my new apartment. That meant power tools are out probably. I'd like to get back on this and my other projects Once things settle down a bit. I'll keep you guys posted.

I know this thread is old, old, old... but I demand more!

I would have sent the OP a PM, but apparently I can't find that option...?

Anyways, I hope Muffin gets some spare time to update this thread - what's more important in life than guitars or Iron Maiden? :D

Edited by ORCRiST

Rest assured, I have not forgotten about this thread and as soon as I get a chance, I'll be updating with more progress. I want to look into silk screening the top before clear rather than printing a vinyl sticker or something like that, but that is still far away so just be patient.

Up the Irons!!!

• 3 months later...

Hello all! And sorry for leaving you all high and dry for so long. I just wanted to get back on here and update this thread really quick with the life altering news that I will be resuming work on this project starting tomorrow! Ive been at my current job for a while now and I feel I have achieved sufficient seniority to feel eligible to use the facilities after hours to build more guitars. Also, I wanted to ensure that this thread remained active since appearently these all have an expiriation date once nobody posts anything for a while. (My Tabar Zin thread got deleted. :D Im going to finish that one too!)

Anyway, stay tuned!