Project Open Telecaster

• 2 months later...

This has got to be the best looking tele I have ever seen......and yes I have seen a fair number of Drak's. It is the back as much as anything that does it for me.

Pickups : Custom Diablo Soap Bar P90s

How do these differ in sound from the mostly vintage wind set you made me? Because I gotta tell you, the more I play mine the more I love the way they sound. I loaned mine to a band for a week and went back to my guitar with a SD set (JB and Jazz)and the SDs just didn't cut it anymore. And I loved the sound from them....before. Now, nothing sounds as good as my P-90s.

Cheers,

SR

Edited by ScottR

This has got to be the best looking tele I have ever seen......and yes I have seen a fair number of Drak's. It is the back as much as anything that does it for me.

Pickups : Custom Diablo Soap Bar P90s

How do these differ in sound from the mostly vintage wind set you made me? Because I gotta tell you, the more I play mine the more I love the way they sound. I loaned mine to a band for a week and went back to my guitar with a SD set (JB and Jazz)and the SDs just didn't cut it anymore. And I loved the sound from them....before. Now, nothing sounds as good as my P-90s.

Cheers,

SR

This set of P90s are more like my Diablo HBs. They are not vintage at all. Completely different wire/magnets.

So this set is bright and hot. They have serious bite and harmonics. You can go from bluegrass to full on thrash metal and not miss a beat wit this set.

does the name refer to the look of the back - like something has taken a massive bite our of it :D

No although I should have... I was like *** to call it? I decided T-Rex sounded like what it was... a monster Tele.

Finally...

--Degollador--

There are two others in this series Deguello (<-mine) and Degollina. Three telecasters for three brothers.

Tres Telecasters

Neck : Maple

Fretboard : Maple

Scale : 25.5

Frets : 22

Trussrod : Double Expanding Truss Rod

Body : Ash

Tuners : Tone-Pros

Pickups : Custom Hand Wound Vintage Telecasters

Bridge : Gotoh Telecaster

Electronics : Vol/Tone/3-way

Full.jpg

Back_0.jpg

I really like this one.If it weren't for the end grain I wouldn't even know the body was two piece..

It think they are actually 3 piece bodies edit: Nevermind they are 2 piece.

John (Avenger) put the bodies together for me because I didn't have time to mess with Telecasters at the time. He did a good job.

Thanks! :D

I've made 3 bodies from this Northern ash. Yes, they're heavy, but they all sound fantastic. I have a good sized piece left that I have plans to make a one piece neck-through guitar from.... a headless ash Corvus with a GFS strat set.It'll be dyed blue with a white pearl p/g and cherry fretboard.

Thanks! :D

I've made 3 bodies from this Northern ash. Yes, they're heavy, but they all sound fantastic. I have a good sized piece left that I have plans to make a one piece neck-through guitar from.... a headless ash Corvus with a GFS strat set.It'll be dyed blue with a white pearl p/g and cherry fretboard.

No __Corvus__ mentioned in my threads!!! Jeez John.

Seriously all three teles sound amazing. Degollador is all vintage sounding (it has a vintage bridge pup), Degollina is a more modern vintage (experimental pup), Deguello is all ZZ Top style hot vintage (because I just threw 11,000 winds of 42 on a Bridge pup). So while heavy they still sound amazing.

frontfull.jpg

Bask in it's glory!

I just vomited in my mouth a little....

Ace Tele's RAD. I love the back of the hotrodded Tele, the carves that hit the core timber look as sexy as it gets... for me it definately makes this guitar!

Chad

• 5 months later...