EIRW Headstock veneer

6s9rnd.jpg

11t6csk.jpg

Started top carve

11ttzd0.jpg

x3z7fc.jpg

2vnfncx.jpg

I forgot to do the neck pocket before i started carve

Im just gonna addit after, i didnt carve the neck pocket area, so im just gonna put the 4 degree angle into the actual pocket then level the top to that angle.

comments suggestions?

-steve

Why would we joke about that? It's double dots in the wrong location. Most people expect to see dots on the 21st, it'll confuse playing. I once played a guitar where the 9 dot was on the 10th by mistake and it confused the **** outta me. If there was NOTHING... fine, I don't need dots to play... but a dot in a WRONG place messes with you.

Chris

I was talking to him last night and he says the guy doesn't care since he doesn't play that high usually. However, I'm still slightly skeptical since the guy wouldn't even budge from a 24.5" to a 24.625" scale since he wanted it to be as close to a real PRS 245 as possible... weird IMO.

Chris

I once played a guitar where the 9 dot was on the 10th by mistake and it confused the **** outta me.

+1, although its not always by mistake. you see this layout on banjos, ukeleles and some old (pre 1930 ish) guitars made when banjos were still popular.... always throws me off

frank ford has the solution, as always

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Te.../moveinlay.html