Electronics Help

WAK Guitars

I just strung up my first build before finishing it to test it out and maybe figure out the electronics. I thought I may have had it figured out, but no sound came out when I plugged in. I've since fiddled with it a few times but still no luck. Here's where I'm at now:

schematic.png

The 500k pot is the volume, 250k is tone, the blend pot is blending between pickups and the 1M pot is what I'm trying with coil tapping.

Basically with the 1M pot, I'm trying to control how much sound comes from one of the two coils in the humbucker. I was thinking that with it all the way down, I would have a coil tapped-ish sound, and with it all the way up I would have the full sound of the humbucker.

The green wire coming from the humbucker is supposed to be the regular humbucker output. The gray and red wires are the end of the first coil and start of the second. I may have the colour code mixed up but I have tried switching the two back and forth with no luck.

And the orange wire from the single is the hot wire I believe, again I have tried switching the wires with no luck.

Anyway I have what's on the diagram soldered up right now but it doesnt work.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by WAK Guitars

Thanks for the reply. I actually dont have a multimeter, but it would be very handy for this so I might get one.

Basically with the coil tapping pot, I'm trying to regulate how much signal from the first coil makes it into the second coil by being able to control how much of it is sent to ground. At least I think thats what I'm doing, I'm pretty new to this.

I'll give that middle lug idea a shot, but If they were soldered to the same lug - wouldnt they be connected to eachother, just making it a regular humbucker and not coil tapped?

Also, say I have this 1M pot incorrectly wired, or the humbucker is dead or something --- with the blend pot I should be getting some signal from the single coil right? (assuming thats not dead too)

Thanks for the reply. I actually dont have a multimeter, but it would be very handy for this so I might get one.

Basically with the coil tapping pot, I'm trying to regulate how much signal from the first coil makes it into the second coil by being able to control how much of it is sent to ground. At least I think thats what I'm doing, I'm pretty new to this.

yes, but your wiring simultaneously increases the resistance between the 'second' coil & earth....not good.

I'll give that middle lug idea a shot, but If they were soldered to the same lug - wouldnt they be connected to eachother, just making it a regular humbucker and not coil tapped?

No, check out how regular (switched) coil splitting is done...

Also, say I have this 1M pot incorrectly wired, or the humbucker is dead or something --- with the blend pot I should be getting some signal from the single coil right? (assuming thats not dead too)

yes, unless that 'or something' is something bad. :D

In which way/s exactly does it not work?