Hey all!

Updated Products page and FAQ.

New pics up in the Endorsees section. Of particular note is Jim Donahue. If you're a member here, he's the guy you look up to. Jim brought us everything from the JEM to the S-series to the Artcore. His 15+ years at Ibanez really did revolutionize the guitar world. The quote from him means a great deal to me.

Another one you folks might like is Darren Johansen...the swirl master himself. :-)

The pic of Atlanta guitar phenom Mike Martin is up, and a new uber-psycho one of the incredible Bob Oakman.

I'm working on all-new back plate templates for the site. They should be up in the next hour or so. If anyone has the dims on a PRS tremolo cavity cover, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks for all the support guys. We're gonna have it to you ASAFP!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason #1 Why You Shouldn't Steal Pics From Tremol-No.com:

http://www.soft.com.sg/new/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&p=6281

:D

EDIT- The admin of the site above was cool enough to edit out the hotlinks to the pics and apologize. Seems like a nice enough guy.

For those of you that missed it, here's the full size image of what I replaced the pics with:

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/endorseepics/lgm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A special treat for my PG.com buddies:

"Mr. Smith-type" backplate: http://www.tremol-no.com/images/mistersmithbackplate1.jpg

Complete (I think) dims of the backplate for the 'doctor-lawyer guitars'.

I'm thinking this might be the 2nd Gen. version. Someone correct me if there are other (earlier) versions of trem cavity cover plates for these guitars.

It's damn hard to do backplate dims over IM. :D

Things are close to being finalized (I know I've said that 20 times in the last 2 months, but....). The day after that license is signed, they go into production. It's the only thing we're waiting on.

A little bit of good news:

The Tremol-No will be in the November 2004 issue of Vintage Guitar magazine! They're doing a NAMM Spotlight section, and the Tremol-No will be featured in there.

Pretty damn cool, eh? :-)

Wow, Kevan, big ups for the Jim Donahue endorsement! That's like having Carroll Shelby saying you make a great car, very cool!

Yeah, that was very cool to get from Jim.

He's really helped out with this project, but in a sort of odd way. Whenever I visited Hoshino, I would take prototypes to his office for him to check out. I think it'd be great for locking down trems, but he would immediately shoot holes in it- "This is too tall.", "There's no way to do this without re-tooling the whole factory", "Is this plastic? Look, it just snaps in half!" LOL. It wasn't to be mean or anything; he was simply pointing out things I'd never considered.

He's pretty much seen it all when it comes to guitars, and knows what works and what doesn't. So with his help and straight-up criticism, not only do I know how to make a kickass trem-locking device, but I also know what a lot of crappy ones look like. :-P

And to top it all off, I get to call him a great friend. If you get the chance to work with him, you'll be pleasantly surprised. He's one of the nicest guys around, and builds a helluva bass.

Litch- remember how we talked about posts within 2 minutes of each other, and I mocked the holyhell out of Smitty for it? Right here: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...pic=10236&st=90 (about halfway down).

If you're within 5 minutes of your last post, just edit your first one. Esp. if it's only 3 or 4 words to add. You're wasting screentime, scroll time and our time with (2) three-word posts back to back.

In the future, I won't be combining your posts. I'll simply delete the ones that follow the first. Clear? Cool.

BTW, what's with this link?

My fiancee', the ever-awesome Rachel, is a Financial Planning Manager for Victoria's Secret. She owns Tremol-No #0029, so...she gets listed on the Endorsees page with a link.

If you're within 5 minutes of your last post, just edit your first one.  Esp. if it's only 3 or 4 words to add.  You're wasting screentime, scroll time and our time with (2) three-word posts back to back.

In the future,  I won't be combining your posts.  I'll simply delete the ones that follow the first.  Clear?  Cool.

no prob.

Yes, but that job belongs to the Tremsetter.

From what I hear from Tremsetter users, it does an "okay" job of returning to pitch, but most still require tuning a little after a string break.

The other problem with the Tremsetter is that you have a detent (bump) in your trem movement when using it.

That doesn't exactly facilitate smooth trem use. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Folks!

How about some news?

First off, let's start with the business stuff. The first licensee has backed out. Don't freak out yet (I didn't). One door closes...and a couple more open up. I'm now working with THREE companies that would like to build and sell the Tremol-No. One is in Japan, the other two are here in the U.S. I'm excited about these new folks; they're very into it and like what they see (just like you guys for the last 10 mos. LOL). I'm doing same-day or overnight on all contact with these three, so we'll try to get them to you guys by the end of the year. *crosses fingers*

Regarding site updates, there's a new "multi-guitar" review up from Bob Lynch. Those of you who don't know Bob, he was one of the original Jemsite forum members (back in '97), a Berklee grad, a sickly monster player, and one of two guys on the planet I'd let setup any of my guitars. Bob's setups make Rich Harris' look like Rich just finished a shift at GC....and we all know how nice Rich's stuff is. And he's a helluva nice guy and one of my good friends.

Bob got a Tremol-No a few months ago to test out. He works on the collection of a friend of his; it's about 70 guitars. He put it on a few different models with great success. His full review can be found here:

http://www.tremol-no.com/lynchreview.htm

Other updates include some new pics, namely of my newest goth-metal endorsee James McIlroy from Cradle Of Filth. Not everyone's cup of tea, but he's pretty tough on gear, and is in the middle of a full-on world tour, so it's a great test of the unit's durability. So far, it's survived South America. I'm going to the Cleveland and Cinci shows to talk with James about the unit, and see if we can make any improvements. He's lovin' it, and so is his tech. :-)

I also just signed on a rippin' player named Milan Polak. He was the guitarist for Falco right before he passed, and has since gone on to record some great records. He's also doing producing now. He's got the skills, the exposure, and the drive that I like to see. Plus, I've always been a big Falco fan. :-) As soon as he sends in some pics and a review, I'll get it up on the site.

One player that's not on the site, and probably won't be for a while because he's not really computer savvy, is a guy named Larry Rolando. You don't know it, but you've heard him. He's a massive Nashville studio musician who's played on countless records. He got his Tremol-No a few weeks ago, and after a little tweaking, he's re-loving his old custom Strat. If/when he gets online, I'll get some words from him and maybe a pic. Great player, who I hope I'm making a greater player. :-)

That's it for now. I'll keep posting here with updates about the licensees.

WooHoo!