Fretboard Replacement

Hey peeps,

I'm looking for someone in the states that can remove & replace fretboards on ibanez necks.

I would also like the inlays set & frets installed. I have (or will have) everything but the fret wire.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jimm

I've done this, but I'm in Canada. I'm sure that there a lot of people here that could do this for you.

Have you considered getting a new, custom neck made instead? It probably would cost much more and you get to keep your original neck.

There doesn't seem to be a shop that can do custom work without taking a year to complete.

I have been relegated to doing a lot of my own custom work myself, but replacing a fretboard is out as I just don't have the room or the tools to do it.

Neck work takes special tools that I just don't have the money to invest right now.

I have been kicking around the idea of setting up a small shop to do this, but that will have to wait.

cheers,

Jimm

There doesn't seem to be a shop that can do custom work without taking a year to complete.

I have been relegated to doing a lot of my own custom work myself, but replacing a fretboard is out as I just don't have the room or the tools to do it.

Neck work takes special tools that I just don't have the money to invest right now.

I have been kicking around the idea of setting up a small shop to do this, but that will have to wait.

cheers,

Jimm

When do you need this for? I could build you a neck blank with truss rod. You shape the neck profile (with a single rasp) the way you like it and glue on your fingerboard.