Mistery Guitar

With my limited knowledge of Yamaha acoustics, I can tell you that the 420-E comes in 6 string and 12 string versions, and I think it is (was!) aimed at the beginners market. I do know the 420 is just a standard acoustic, but I believe the 420-E has a piezo pickup (E denotes Electric). There is also a 420-C, but I don't know anything about that one.

yeah its an acoustic/electric and I tend not to like the electric models. I believe the 420-C is the cutaway model. its going to come down to how much he wants for it and how much you like it in person. But...

I have the fg-730s, I couldn't be more happy with it. I bought it from GC and got my friend there to set it up. the tone is extremely warm and for the price range I don't think anything else compares. I got mine during their specials for $250, I was planning on buying a master-built epiphone hummingbird but this one sounded way better. I like yamaha now, if mine were to break I'd buy another in an instant. If you pass on the 420 definitely check out the 730s you will be surprised.

yeah its an acoustic/electric and I tend not to like the electric models. I believe the 420-C is the cutaway model. its going to come down to how much he wants for it and how much you like it in person. But...

I have the fg-730s, I couldn't be more happy with it. I bought it from GC and got my friend there to set it up. the tone is extremely warm and for the price range I don't think anything else compares. I got mine during their specials for $250, I was planning on buying a master-built epiphone hummingbird but this one sounded way better. I like yamaha now, if mine were to break I'd buy another in an instant. If you pass on the 420 definitely check out the 730s you will be surprised.