Extend Acoustic Fretboard

I suspect that no one responded because I recently started a thread in the Solid body forum related to the same topic (that is, how to add a couple of frets to an electric guitar neck). I got some very good input there and I would think that the same principles would apply to an acoustic guitar. The bottom line was that most folks recommended replacing all or a significant portion of the fretboard .... or not doing it at all. There were some other creative solutions as well.

I dont know what´s your playing style, but. Why would anyone want to add frets on a classical guitar ? Without cutaway frets are pretty much useless beyond 15 th fret. Sure it´s doable in some way but is it really worth it.

Its not exactly like adding to an electric neck as you are working on the top and have a place to glue to.

Honestly it can be done but why. If the FB is close to the sound hole you really cant go over without possibly runing the guitar with all the nonsense you may have to do.

I think we should have vote to never discuss extending FB's on guitars as it is usually a bad idea.