Yet Another Noob

I thought I would add to the list of recent introductions.

I have lurked around the forum for about a year and decided it was time to commit to actually participating. The tips/tricks, reference guides, and how-to's have been very helpful to me in my first build from scratch. That being said I still managed to missed on a critical measurement or two and ended up with a very nice looking and expensive "learning experience". In time I will get around to fixing that problem, but I've decided to set it aside for now.

For my second project, I have decided to start with something a little less challenging than a ground-up build and am refinishing/customizing an Epiphone SG-400 that I got for next to nothing. My son loves the SG's so if this works out it will be his graduation present from High School. That gives me about a year to get it right! :D

First accomplishment - successfully repaired the broken headstock. It was a really clean break with a lot of surface area, so the most difficult thing was practicing with the hide glue on scrap wood.

Second accomplishment - body is stripped of hardware and body is 3/4 sanded.

Now I have to figure out how to put my vision into reality! My plan is to do something like this only in black and a Bulldog logo.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/Yet...;current=SG.jpg

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading about everyone's projects (and pick up some critical knowledge along the way).

Edited by N.O.T.