Bubinga Rhoads!

I wish i could see what your seeing, narc!

Thanks scott! I did not even notice the reflections in that pic! I like the one earlier, with teh gravel in teh reflection. It kinda blends into the guitar, haha.

What! There was a guitar in that pic? Lol. I honestly wasn't sure what I was looking at in that one. :D

SR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yes!

got the back cover plate made. really liking this one.

But,

I thought that conversion varnish was supposed to cure within a few days. I did not notice it at first, but now i realize i can still smell it VERY strong... enough to where it actually gives me a headache. I cant dent the finish, even if i push on it wiht a quarter. I hope the smell goes away soon.,

• 2 weeks later...
Ok... so its been almost a month since i sprayed it... and i can still smell the xylene in it... the finish itself is rock hard.. cant dent it, even with a coin. but it still smells strong enough to give me a headache just playing it. interesting.

I've done a few refinishes with mahogany bodies. I'd get it all leveled out, and then a month later, after it was cured, it would show up with those pinhole grain marks. So I'd apply a few more coats, and it'd be all good... until the 6th month when the finish was still curing and tightening.

Sometimes finishes take a long time to cure. I'm sure yours is in playable condition right now, but it'll probably be a while before the smell goes away.

I've done a few refinishes with mahogany bodies. I'd get it all leveled out, and then a month later, after it was cured, it would show up with those pinhole grain marks. So I'd apply a few more coats, and it'd be all good... until the 6th month when the finish was still curing and tightening.

Sometimes finishes take a long time to cure. I'm sure yours is in playable condition right now, but it'll probably be a while before the smell goes away.

When I do clear finishes on mahogany I like to have the grain holes showing on it. I think it looks better than a perfectly smooth finish.

When I do clear finishes on mahogany I like to have the grain holes showing on it. I think it looks better than a perfectly smooth finish.

Ive done a few explorers like that, and dont like it... It does not do the guitar justice, if you ask me.