Chambered Lp Body

I'm building another LP shaped body and decided to chamber this one. My thought process was to remove material where it was not needed structurally but am not really familiar with how chambering might affect the sound. There is a perimiter wall of about 5/8" all around with the base or floor left at 3/8" thick. The body is alder with a 5/8" thick maple cap. The cap has already been glued on so I can't make any changes to the chambering. I'm just interested what others might think about how I did this.

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

Looks good. I've heard from a lot of guys that the chambered LP has a nice, singing quality to it and good sustain. Some of the LP purists say that a chambered LP is no LP at all. The weight savings are huge, and that's one nice advantage. I'm curious to how it will sound compared to a regular solidbody LP. I haven't played a chambered one yet but I'm anxious to.

Looks good. I've heard from a lot of guys that the chambered LP has a nice, singing quality to it and good sustain. Some of the LP purists say that a chambered LP is no LP at all. The weight savings are huge, and that's one nice advantage. I'm curious to how it will sound compared to a regular solidbody LP. I haven't played a chambered one yet but I'm anxious to.

I have an identical alder/maple body not chambered as well and there certainly is a huge difference between them. Without an accurate scale to test with I don't know the actual difference, but this one does seem substantially lighter and it doesn't have the top carve yet.