Floyd Rose

So, I planned on buying the OFR from beyond eleven.....but then I checked out guitar fetish......

Then I realized that Beyond Eleven only offers ofr based on a 10" neck radius; mine is 14!

The schaller version does have the 14" and I checked out guitar fetish and their price really...."spoke" to me :D.

Does anyone know another place I can get a 14" neck radius fitting FR?

And is the guitar fetish FR any good?

Stewmac has expensive and cheap 14" radius floyd copies. I'm really wondering about their new cheap one, 'cause you can buy just the nut for around $16.00. But if it's soft metal that the strings can wear grooves in (like I've seen on lower end guitars) it ain't worth it (at least not to me). That would be something if it's tough hardened steel like the expensive ones.

The Guitarfetish one is a 12" radius and is super cheesy. It also has a very long/deep block, so don't plan on recessing it.

True, but the baseplate is steel, as advertised. I checked one with a magnet. I wouldn't bank on it staying in tune after heavy use though.

The issue with the cheap base plates is not so much the metal they are made from, a lot are made from steel. Steel is relatively cheap. The issue is that the knife edges are not hardened. They were down quickly and you develop tuning issues after using the trem. If you want something cheaper, search around the Jackson and Kramer and other companies that offer Licensed FR's and see which are the decent ones and pick one up on eBay.

How expensive is the Gotoh FR trem in the US? Thats my fave floating bridge and it costs around half what an OFR does in the UK.

From the prices I've seen on the internet, UK prices are around £140 - £150 whereas US prices seem to be around $140 - $150, so about 30% cheaper than the UK. Bear in mind that our 17.5% VAT is included in the UK price (soon to be 20% :D ). If you buy one from the US, you would be liable for import duty, VAT, and a handling fee, so it would be at least the same cost, perhaps even slightly more expensive, than buying on in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought one of these: http://www.gpdusa.com/FEATURED_PRODUCTS-Fl...ial_-_Gold.html

It's probably doesn't hold tune quite as well as an OFR but the differences are incredibly minute.

It's super shiny as well, and the same shape as an OFR, unlike those TRS knockoffs. What more do you want? :D

That looks good, I didn't buy a Floyd Rose, I bought a Floyd Rosd instead :D

21b84gh.jpg

I bought one of these: http://www.gpdusa.com/FEATURED_PRODUCTS-Fl...ial_-_Gold.html

It's probably doesn't hold tune quite as well as an OFR but the differences are incredibly minute.

It's super shiny as well, and the same shape as an OFR, unlike those TRS knockoffs. What more do you want? B)

That looks good, I didn't buy a Floyd Rose, I bought a Floyd Rosd instead :D

The last one I bought was an 'Eloyd Rose' :D