T-r-e-m......k-i-n-g........t R E M O L O's

rjhalsey

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the benefit of anyone who may hesitate to order a Trem King from Ralph, I just want to say that the package arrived as advertised with every piece carefully packed. At the price he gave me, I wondered if something might be fishy, but it's the real deal. He gets them in bulk, so the unit arrived without any pretty packaging. It was just in little plastic bags. There were no instructions included, but the Trem King website provides all the instructions you'll need, and them some:

http://www.tremking.com/inst.html

It also does not come with the template the company offers, but honestly, if you can't make a simple little template like that, you have no business installing this bridge. Get someone to do it for you. That being said, this is not a bridge you can just drop into your strat and play. It takes a little work, but nothing that would be hard for anyone building a guitar such as those we see on this site. Just simple routing and a little knowledge about scale length/bridge placement is necessary.

I hope that's helpful. I'd encourage anyone interested in one of these bridges to forget about spending the $150 direct from tremking.com, and just buy one from Ralph. By the way, thanks Ralph. I'm a very pleased customer (and in no way affiliated with...anybody at all).

David

• 2 months later...