Expertly Cast Dark Flame Maple Custom Pickups...

• 1 month later...

So a bit outdated, but a follow up to this post. I got inspired and have made several tests at casting pickups for a special bass. This bass originally had EMG45 (i think that is the name of them anyway) pickups and the original idea was to build a set of my LowRider bass pickups into a solid plastic cover, just gluing the pickup in there as I usually does. However I think that this is a much neater result and a more personal look for sure:

DSCF3354.jpg

What do you think? Please note that these are just empty pieces of plastic. The coils will be casted in the plastic any day now, just need to arrange some type of holder ti fixate them while pouring. And the black and white casting was just a wild idea I had. Nothing that I will do an a regular basis :D Now I just need to get their red, green and blue pigments...

Tnx Patrik

You know what would be very fancy?

Its much harder to do though at least if you go CNC because the programm is much more complicated to write...

Would be to have the logo stick out in 3D on the top of the pickup so that you can feel it....

Bartolini do that on their bass pickups...

TBG5NSBC1-Tobias-Growler-PU.jpg