Ali Kat Rockabilly Kustom Guitar

Love the pinstripes. Are those TV Jones pickups?

they look like standard humbuckers with cut-out covers to me.

I think you got it, WezV.

It does strike me as more of an advertizing post than anything. I was going to delete my original post, but time ran out.

Edited by Bargle

Hi, , thought I would introduce myself, by sharing this brand new Guitar that I have hand crafted in Aluminium, there is no other sound like it !!

Nice, but it seems more like a spam AD than an introduction.

No specs other than Aluminum.

*yawn*

:D

NEXT!

Certainly a total balls up!!! yep posted it in the wrong section, so give up on that idea, I do not live on forums I work full time, as well as DJ rockabilly, Run a martial arts club, and work as you probably all know, till late hours trying to finish the next project, I have been invited acroos Australia in the new year to show case my Bass and guitars at some pretty big rockabilly and Hot rod Kustom events, so have to get the next two projects right, No they are not Humbuckers and NO they certainly aint Ebay.... :-} SOOOOOOOOOOOO If someone would be so kind as to help me in the direction of how to post the guitar for voting , that would be much appreciated.. thanks

Love the pinstripes. Are those TV Jones pickups?

They are GPA Memphis Specials

Edited by MexicanBreed

No they are not Humbuckers and NO they certainly aint Ebay.... :-}

well thats got me interested then - do you have a link to them... google doesnt find them

every month at the top of this section there is a thread for GOTM entries called 'Guitar of the month for [insert month]'

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showforum=1

the first post in that thread tells you all you need to know

Edited by MexicanBreed

well thats got me interested then - do you have a link to them... google doesnt find them

they are custom made and wound.. and a secret to how they are wound apparently

man ! 5 times winner , you certainly know your stuff..

Welcome. Generally people post up specs to their builds, even hobbyists like myself.

Body type, neck type, scale length, bridge type, pups, neck join, more than one picture, etc.

Share the info.

All I have is a single picture and the knowlege that its aluminum. Not enough info for my tastes.......

Although the link to your commercial website was loud n clear - hence the spam judgement.

I like the concept of the build - there was just a post up of a solid-bodied aluminum and as you know, Kramer started using aluminum back in the 70's in their necks.

Alternative materials are cool - I'd just like you to give up some more info other than "here's my website" . :D

Welcome. Generally people post up specs to their builds, even hobbyists like myself.

Body type, neck type, scale length, bridge type, pups, neck join, more than one picture, etc.

Share the info.

All I have is a single picture and the knowlege that its aluminum. Not enough info for my tastes.......

Although the link to your commercial website was loud n clear - hence the spam judgement.

I like the concept of the build - there was just a post up of a solid-bodied aluminum and as you know, Kramer started using aluminum back in the 70's in their necks.

Alternative materials are cool - I'd just like you to give up some more info other than "here's my website" . :D

No worries, I fully understand, to be honest when I signed up i checked the box that said recieve emails when I have a reply, but as I never got any emails I assumed I had no replies, which clearly is not the case, so you think I should start a new post? I Was put onto the forum from Guitar prts Australia, Billy Mostyn suggested I should have a crack at the guitar of the month, as this is thee place to be seen.. I want to do the right thing, the website I have built is to keep all the rockabilly guys interested and up to date with gigs etc.. I have Cruzin magazine wanting to write a 4 page spread on my Ali Katz, I have been invited interstate to show case my work, I have been making stuff, and trying this and that for many years, we emigrated to Oz two years ago from the UK, and im just kinda hoping at last I might have found my orte, as Im running out of time, and family running out of patience,, haa

try typing in GFS Memphis pickups

Edited by MexicanBreed

ah, GFS- not GPA

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Memphis-Alnico...tion_p_481.html

they are very much a humbucker - not that there is anything wrong with that

ah, GFS- not GPA

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Memphis-Alnico...tion_p_481.html

they are very much a humbucker - not that there is anything wrong with that

Kool... I just designed, made and assembled the thing... told them what i wanted it to sound like and waited for the bits to turn up, all i was told was there was some fancy winding going on in side and they wouldn`t say what.. never the less it is the most distinctive sound www.alikat.com.au

wow.....

ummm.

o.k. how bout this:

What type of fretboard did you use?

what size are your frets?

what type of inlay material did you use?

Pot type/values?

bridge by ???

whats the scale length?

why aluminum?

Also - you "designed, made and assembled" your pups?

Sure you didn't just 'purchase' them?

Around here we see everything from hand made tremolo's and tuners to hand made pups, right down to hand made bobbins for those pups. GFS are not a great brand of pickup in my opinion. Sound clips?

Telling me you're going to be in magazines and out on tour doesn't tell me squat about your guitar.

So:

info??? Specs?? Details? More than one picture?

wow.....

ummm.

o.k. how bout this:

What type of fretboard did you use?

what size are your frets?

what type of inlay material did you use?

Pot type/values?

bridge by ???

whats the scale length?

why aluminum?

Also - you "designed, made and assembled" your pups?

Sure you didn't just 'purchase' them?

Around here we see everything from hand made tremolo's and tuners to hand made pups, right down to hand made bobbins for those pups. GFS are not a great brand of pickup in my opinion. Sound clips?

Telling me you're going to be in magazines and out on tour doesn't tell me squat about your guitar.

So:

info??? Specs?? Details? More than one picture?

Ok Ok, so many secrets to divulge!! haa I finished work today so will get some more pictures in the next day or two, and you will have to wait till it goes into the guitar of the month to find it all out, and as for the pick ups, the sound is awesome, NO i never made them, I asked guitar parts australia to help me with a kustom sounding pick up that had to be 1950s rockabilly ! Billy Mostyn, who`s father (Billy Mostyn Senior) was the guitarists with Lonnie Lee in the 50s, so knew exactly where i was coming from and we went from there.I don`t play, which is frustrating, and as I always wanted to make an aluminium double bass, and did so twice, I just thought i would make the next favourite rockabilly instrument and that was the guitar, it`s my trade as asheetmetal worker and welder, to make anything,, and this is by far the most pleasurable thing I have ever made, to see real musicians make it sing , is really something..The only thing I made was the aluminium body, and as a proto type experimented with various parts, the neck was my design , but as for the first ali bass I made the body, the neck the scroll, the tail peice,and on the new bass i even made the finger board from 90 year old victoria ash.. im not yet settled on scales, pick ups pots etc etc, until i have made a few all with different set ups and can hear them one by one..

Although I get the drift your not 'really' a guitar builder per se, I checked out the double bass on your website, that thing is a MONSTER! :D

I think both the guitar and the bass are insanely cool, congrats on an extremely unique idea taken to fruition.

And I've been a rockabilly fan for probably 30 years myself, we had an entire rockabilly 'scene' right here in DC in the early '80's, with Tex Rubinowitz, Billy Hancock, Switchblade, Evan Johns, Danny Gatton, Johnny Seaton, hell, even Roy Buchanan was a great rockabilly guitarist when he felt like it.

Rock On!

Although I get the drift your not 'really' a guitar builder per se, I checked out the double bass on your website, that thing is a MONSTER! :D

I think both the guitar and the bass are insanely cool, congrats on an extremely unique idea taken to fruition.

And I've been a rockabilly fan for probably 30 years myself, we had an entire rockabilly 'scene' right here in DC in the early '80's, with Tex Rubinowitz, Billy Hancock, Switchblade, Evan Johns, Danny Gatton, Johnny Seaton, hell, even Roy Buchanan was a great rockabilly guitarist when he felt like it.

Rock On!

Hey Two Rockabillies on the forum.. this is the first Guitar I have made, and the second double bass, I wasn`t a guitar builder until now, there is no feeling like seeing some kool ass rockabilly guitarist on stage in front of a live crowd bringing your creation to life... how can you not want to build more... My rockabilly site if you want to take a look is www.midnightrockers.co.uk

take care man ... (the midnight rocker)