Les paul rep hollow body?

I know that Gibson had made some chambered Les Pauls in the past, one being the Les Paul Elegant I believe. Don't know about hollow bodies though. Are you sure it wasn't a nighthawk or a blueshawk?

i dont know if its a les paul, i didnt get to see the headstock, plus it was blurry and black in white over webcam, i will ask to see the headstock next time, how hard would it be to make a holllow body?

with pickups?

Curtis

i can get the wood cheap at school (cherry body with mahongany neck) and, if i routed out the inside of the body and then had a face on top, with the sound holes, would that make it sound good? or should i just make it complete electric?

Curtis

you need to make a couple of extra componants to get that "woody tone" you need sides. you need a "top" it cant be that thick that the sound doesn't resonate. your going at it the wrong way. you cant just carve out the wood. you have to get like 3/8" top and sides so that you have space. as it is a semi hollow. check out the archtop tutorial. its like that but easier.