Reference Book

Electric Mulch

I'd really love to find a good low to mid level book explaining the electrical theory and possibly math on the hows and why of the Electric Guitar and Amps.

Seems like all those great "This is SCIENCE!" books they wrote in 50s and 60s to get kids into Science and Electronics just don't exist anymore - or at least they are well hidden. This is for a 16-17 year old, I'd really like something that assumed at least a Freshman in age and wasn't for someone who does integrals for fun. :D I'm sure there are some decent general books, but something with the focus would keep his focus, as it were.

Any suggestions?

I'd really love to find a good low to mid level book explaining the electrical theory and possibly math on the hows and why of the Electric Guitar and Amps.

Seems like all those great "This is SCIENCE!" books they wrote in 50s and 60s to get kids into Science and Electronics just don't exist anymore - or at least they are well hidden. This is for a 16-17 year old, I'd really like something that assumed at least a Freshman in age and wasn't for someone who does integrals for fun. :D I'm sure there are some decent general books, but something with the focus would keep his focus, as it were.

Any suggestions?

I guess it's silly to reply to one's self, but.. Since I suspect some will make these two suggestions, I'll list them and see what people think of them. :D

Dave Hunter's Guitar Amplifier handbook implies it might have some of this as does Melvyn Hiscock's book.