Source for Korina?

Thanks for your help guys.

@daveq: I would love to buy the wood from Galleryhardwoods. Larry already answered my mail, but the problem is that he has no camera at the moment and will not have one in the next weeks. As the piece is for a guitar which will only get a clear finish, I dont want to buy the limba without looking at it first. Concerning Cook....they dont answer my mails as well. Gilmer and Exoticwoods do not answer so far.

@Litchfield: Thanks for the offer....please let me know if your supplier stocks black limba.

@Scott: Thats great news....I hope they answer my mail soon.

Greets,

MK!

http://www.noahjames.com

That's Jim Donahue's new site/office/company. He's the former #2 at Hoshino/Ibanez. He knows a few things about guitars. :-P

He's also got some great sources on woods, and he's super-cool. If his prices are higher than the big guys, rest assured you're getting a quality chunk of wood.

Drop him an email. He's even got his own forrest!

Just another resource for you all.

P.S.- I wouldn't buy a cup of dirt from Ed Roman.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

It depends on the dirt. I'd buy asian dirt from him. African dirt (that possibly had limba growing in it) would be like $1000 an ounce. The asian variety would only be about $0.30 an ounce. But why would I want the dirt anyway?

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words on the guitar. I've been visiting your site for quite a while, just figured I should become a member.

How's Munich right now? I lived near Augsburg for almost 8 years and near Kaiserslautern another 4 years back in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Loved it over there. I actually started playing guitar again while living in Prague in 94. I'd just quit for almost 12 years and got involved after another Yank gave me the bug again there in Prague. There was this great place in Prague near the Kotva Department store, called Red, Hot, and Blues. I came home late 94 and immediately started building, with the result my first one, Ruby, which is on my website. Thanks for all the tips I've gained here.

rick

Hey Wizard welcome to the forum....you seem to have lived everywhere....:D

As you know Augsburg is not far away from Munich. Munich is still a cool city. Actually I live in Tutzing at lake Starnberg if you know that. I wouldn't want to live somewhere else. For me its just perfect here. I am in the nature and directly at the lake and have a great view on the mountains. If I want to go into a city it's only 20Min to Munich with the train. I think I'll be in the USA in the next year though, because I want to attend GIT in LA.