Custom Hss Wiring Need Help

ebuck

New wire done. SAME THING :D I am seriously baffled. I have a pretty strong hum/buzz.. when I turn down a volume pot a bit.. It gets even louder.

Here is my wiring schematic. Someone please help me. I don't even know who I could take it to that could figure this out

wiringhss2.jpg

UPDATE:

I re-soldered all the grounded connections and it seemed to help a tiny bit. The main problem still exists. Now only the humbucker buzzes (oh the irony). When I touch metal parts like screws, or a jackplate you can hear quiet little pops and the hum diminishes very slightly.

But here's where it gets weird...

When I touch the metal slugs of the humbucker and it buzzes like I'm touching the end of an unplugged guitar cable. This only happens on the "metal slug side" of the humbucker, not the "screw" half.

help? :D

Is the shielding of your wire grounded on both ends? If so, that could be creating another ground loop. Other than that, i haven't read much of this conversation, so I would be of little help.

I believe I have located the hum. Listen to this...

The middle and neck pickups.. NO hum..

humbucker.. a bit of hum

However, on ANY pickup, once I rollback the master volume knob, I have a loud hum.

If I "short circut" the tone knob by putting a piece of metal from the right lug to the shell - Silence as it should be. With the whole thing "short circuted" If I roll back the master vol knob.. same hum. Bad pot?

I contacted the guys I bought the pots from and they said if pots go bad they either - get scratchy, OR don't work at all. I'm inclined to believe this. In addition, he told me to send my diagram and info to him so he could check it out. I'll let you know what he says.

• 2 weeks later...