Tremolo/vibrato Identification Help

i'm curious if anyone knows what kind of tremolo or vibrato system goes into this routing cavity? there has been no routing done to the back, so that eliminates a floyd rose type. it kind of looks like a jazzmaster/jaguar routing, but it's a little different and little bit smaller i believe.

0120112310-785381.jpg

Edited by rkennett

been trying research silver tone a little now...

do they make thin bodies? i wasn't expecting 1.25" thick when i bought it on ebay. it just said vintage body in the description and the seller didn't know much and measured the pocket incorrectly when i asked for those specs, too. sorry, i'm pretty much a noob on this vintage stuff. i bought it because it looked like i could make it more of a jazzmaster shape by modifying the horns.

those post holes are looking tune-o-matic ready it appears, too. good call on that and probably on the silvertone as well, but there are no markings anywhere to indicate that is what it is. if it is a silvertone, would it be sacrilegious to modify it?

The size of the recess might help a bit... But it really looks like a jazzmaster style tremolo might work as a retrofit unit

if looking at the picture, it is 1 3/4" (left to right) x 2 7/16" (top to bottom) x 1" (deep).

that little half-rounded rounded section at the bottom right is 1" (left to right) and extends the top to bottom by another 1/4" or 5/16"

kprash, that trem in the silvertone picture you posted is kind of what i was thinking about going with before i even acquired this body. http://www.guitarfetish.com/Vintage-Style-Surface-Mount-Whammy-Bar-Hofner-Vibrola-style_p_839.html

+1 on Jazzmaster style. Silvertone made all kinds of unique body styles. The sacrilege isn't making it a Jazzmaster close, rather filling those cavities with some unknown goo and thinking it's a good idea.

it was like plaster, i don't think it was as strong as epoxy. i had to crack it into little pieces with a hammer and nail.