Are People Interested In Drawings?

This fall, I spent some time making CAD models based on one of my guitars and then thought maybe I should make some drawings so I could get to actually building a guitar. Now I've come to a point where the models/drawings need to be verified and I figured that I would see if I could get my fellow guitarers to help me out. In exchange for having the drawings verified and getting feedback on various improvements (drawing improvements as well as design improvements) as well as pictures of started, on-going and completed projects I would supply the drawings for free. So far, no luck. Is there any interest around here or am I beating a dead horse?

This fall, I spent some time making CAD models based on one of my guitars and then thought maybe I should make some drawings so I could get to actually building a guitar. Now I've come to a point where the models/drawings need to be verified and I figured that I would see if I could get my fellow guitarers to help me out. In exchange for having the drawings verified and getting feedback on various improvements (drawing improvements as well as design improvements) as well as pictures of started, on-going and completed projects I would supply the drawings for free. So far, no luck. Is there any interest around here or am I beating a dead horse?

I would be somewhat interested....but you do know that you can get a lot of the stats you need off the computer and or talking to people in the industry.Some people go into their local guitar store and take measurements with permision of corse.Some just take a picture and scale it from that.Hope this helps.

somehow I cannot seem to get in contact with people in the industry (though I did get a 2D igs from Gotoh). And I do think the local guitar store would ban me if I started taking guitars apart to measure the little things :D

I did get the pics of the strat blueprints (body and neck) which seem to be floating around and they seem to verify the measurements I got from my main guitar (which is not a strat btw).

A pic of the latest CAD progress can be found over at my blog (iguitarer.blogspot.com). Latest updates included a tighter neck pocket, slightly revised headstock (which is sort of pointless as the neck is only there for reference anyway, I modelled it as an exercise to avoid getting too rusty), revised floyd cavity depths and a control cavity (just because, it's really not a proper design). Just leave a comment there if you want a pdf copy of the drawings to have a look at

*edit to add:

Dean, NotYou and kpcrash: I'll do what I can to get you pdf drawings. A3 format (based on my assumption that most people can't print A2 and larger).

*edit again: don't have your email adresses, any suggestion on how I get the files to you? shoot me a PM

Edited by 86barettaguy