Building Your Guitar Pickup Routing Templates...

Just a way of replicating an original template which in my case was made out from stainless steel onto some plywood which is much safer to use...

This way you can build as much templates as you wish and you always have the original template as a reference.

I made this video today for fun, enjoy and sorry for my bad english :D

Building your guitar pickup routing templates

another great application of this technique is when you build 7 and 8 string pickup routing templates, by using this method you can be using the 6 string template and shift it to create new templates for bigger pickups :D

photo991.jpg

Great, but what about those among us that don't have access to a laser stainless steel cutting CNC?

you can still use the same technique, but make master templates from something else which you then can use to make thicker working templates. The advantage in doing that is it is easier to make accurate thin templates than it is thick ones

Great, but what about those among us that don't have access to a laser stainless steel cutting CNC?

Yes I understand that, BUT if you want to create several templates for different pickup sizes this is a great idea.

I'm sure that you can find a local company who has a laser OR maybe water jet cutter, probably even online...

And yeah you will have to pay a certain price for the first template but serioussly when you think about it, how many thin acrylic templates do you screw up?

Having one original template cut out to maxi tolerance and then use it to build different size templates is a great idea, I'm also using this technique for the neck pocket templates BTW...

Over here they charged me 150 of your $ for cutting out the template (they also created the programm included in that price), the price of a pickup, so? Its worth all the money :D

For a laser / water jet company its very easy, its only a 2D application :D

• 3 weeks later...