Expensive Fender With Pine Body!

Id say that the cost has a fair bit to do with the age of the timber. Im not getting into the whole old timber sounds better bit, Just that hundred year old timber does not just sit in your local yard as typical stock.

The only reason I have anything that old is from part time work in renovation of old buildings, I have some 14 inch wide ash joists from a church roof built in the 1870s, Yes its just ash, Yes its as much work making a body from it as 2 or 3 year old ash. no you probobly wont be able to tell its 130 something year old wood when you are playing your guitar, but I still want €500 if you want a body made from it. Simply because its hard to find.

Exclusivity comes with a price tag. this thig is not your bog standard strat so they hike the price.

Id say that the cost has a fair bit to do with the age of the timber. Im not getting into the whole old timber sounds better bit, Just that hundred year old timber does not just sit in your local yard as typical stock.

The only reason I have anything that old is from part time work in renovation of old buildings, I have some 14 inch wide ash joists from a church roof built in the 1870s, Yes its just ash, Yes its as much work making a body from it as 2 or 3 year old ash. no you probobly wont be able to tell its 130 something year old wood when you are playing your guitar, but I still want €500 if you want a body made from it. Simply because its hard to find.

Exclusivity comes with a price tag. this thig is not your bog standard strat so they hike the price.

This exemplifies the simplest form of business, and the supply vs. demand understanding you have to have to do business for profit. Excellent