Crazy idea

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

ok so I have a bunch of 4/4 scraps. Could I make a guitar out of them? just the body? I have korina, mahogany, imbuia, and possibly more. the grain would be straight for the most part, but one or 2 pieces would have angled grain. I will try to get some pics, and maybe laminate it anyway. Its scraps, so im not out anything if I do laminate it. It would have a top, and likely a veneered back, but I would have it for my own pleasure. It be like trying to sell leftover food in the deli at the store. Just plain wrong, but the store does it. I wont. Unless someone offers me to buy it, and they can have it for like $250. I'd rather not tho, just because of how cheap it is.

So anyway, would this work? Would it be stable? the nack would be done as I do all of them, so that'd be stable.

Dunno, I think it would look pretty good as is. I imagine the finished article to look like a wood sandwich, lots of woods laminated together and simply cut into shape. I wouldnt even put a top on it, rather, have that effect as the top and put a base on it instead in less figured wood. Does that make sence?

Could make for quite a beautiful looking guitar I think.

***? the page cannot be found?

the page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelt correctly.

Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP 404 - File not found

ok, delete /image2.jpg from the url. this brings you to the parent directory. double click on image2.jpg. same url, yet brings up the page. ***?

ok, well, his is strips, and looks sharp. Mine is blocks. I am going to go glue it up. Pics when I can upload my pix to a harddrive....My 75mhz tank cant take it, or much else for that matter.