Electronic Question.. Sorry If This Is The Wrong Place

djobson101

Apologize in advance for posting a question about a pedal in the guitar forum. It's a very basic problem though... I had to replace the on/off switch on my CryBaby because it broke. I wired a new one in, and it works except when in bypass mode it (the guitar) doesn't make any sound. When the wah is engaged the pedal works as usual. Sound like something easy to fix at home?

Did you replace it with the same kind of switch (e.g., DPDT)? If you replaced a dpdt with an spdt or something like that, you could get that behavior. A little more info is needed.

Did you replace it with the same kind of switch (e.g., DPDT)? If you replaced a dpdt with an spdt or something like that, you could get that behavior. A little more info is needed.

Well, it was the 'direct replacement' from Dunlop. I had to clarify some stuff with the rep on the phone (the date I bought the pedal) because they changed something on them apparently. But we got it all squared away, the new switch had the same terminals and everything. Tough luck I guess.

Edited by djobson101