which Wood?!

That person must not make guitars. Personally I really like maple for necks and mahogany for bodies.

EDIT: I read it as "blow" not "bow" at first. True, plywood is more stable, but doesn't sound nearly as goos as solid wood.

Wow, really? That's the first time I have ever heard something like that. It's true that necks can (and will) bow. Actually, you need a slight bow on the neck to make it playable. But plywood would never be a choice for a neck, at least not my choice. I know some cheaper guitars are made of ply (for the bodies).

I would just stay away from it unless there is a reason why you want to use it. It may be a good choice for practicing building but for a real guitar - just say no!

i wouldnt ever in my life consider ply for a neck, but its fine (structurally) for bodies. there is mega hype around woods for their tone etc...i think there may be some truth to glue dampening the sound, or something, but i am making my body out of pitch pine, because i think that it will do a good job. ply will be fine i think, but may look slightly strange with the stripes etc.... i plan to make most of my guitars (2 more in the pending list if this one goes well) out of non standard guitar woods because they can do the same job.

i plan to make most of my guitars (2 more in the pending list if this one goes well) out of non standard guitar woods because they can do the same job.

there's more speciese of woods suitable to making guitar bodies (that aren't plywood) then there are raisins in raisin brand :D

lol just kidding... but there are alot that alot of people never have and probably never will know of...