New Js Model

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we all like it (most of us anyway :D ) Its gonna sit for a few days then the final buff to bring up the gloss to a serious level.

Cant wait to get this one strung up & thru an amp, Sometimes you get one that you wish the customer would default on & you get to keep. this is one of those :D

• 1 month later...

OK. Got this one strung up early in the week, Plays excellent & sounds great, im very happy with it. Customer wants 9's on it. little light for my taste but it still plays great even with them. I might change the screws on the blade switch as they are a little too bright, but thats ultimatly the clients call. maby black ones would be better.

But for now its done. Going out the door monday. Few piks i took earlier in the week. Ill get a few more before it goes.

DSCF2456copy.jpgDSCF2460copy.jpgDSCF2461copy.jpgDSCF2454copy.jpg

I need to get some of the finished back. Gotta let the camera charge up so Ill get those tomorrow.

:D

Sweet and sexy. I like the hardware choices. Well done. Like I said before it's easy to forget that the neck and back are one piece.

SR

Yea. Its all very understated & works very well with the finish. customer choice of componants - with a little guidance from me. But he had a very good idea of what he wanted before he approached me. There is a set of Steinberger gearless tuners on this guitar. I must say im impressed with them, not what i was expecting. The paf joe is excellent, but the Mojoe is a big step up from the Fred. It just has so much more presence, realy nice combination of pups. But then what would you expect from Joe Satriani :D

OK. This one is finished & gone out to the customer. Just a few piks of the finished gitir. Im glad I got a few piks of this one instead of just sending it out like I usualy do. I will get a few more up during the week when I have some time. Might GOTM it if the client is OK with the idea although I rekon such a plain guitar will get hammered to hell & back. But screw it, its the only black gitir iv ever done that I actually like :D .

DSCF2504copy.jpgDSCF2521copy.jpgDSCF2543copy.jpgDSCF2547copy.jpg

Might GOTM it if the client is OK with the idea although I rekon such a plain guitar will get hammered to hell & back.

Just so long as long as you know this ahead of time and have no real aspiration of getting more than a handful of votes.

Personally, I think it looks pretty dang good. I wouldn't have wanted it black, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look good.

Yea I rekon this one counts a plain, For GOTM anyway. I think its prety darned groovey, especialy the difference between the front & back. But in our monthly head to head "whats hot & whats not" comp i dont think it would do very well.

Might be interesting fo find out if im right on this :D

Hot stuff Paulie, good to see this one finished. That finish is inspiring me to get on sanding all my swirl bodies. It is purple though isn't it?

Well. It's technicaly a black flame top. I just put a very thinned out purple wash coat over the black dye to help make the grain pop a little more. Its so thin that there could hardly be said to any colour to it at all. But thats all thats needed to act as a kind of highlighter.

So I suppose its kinda as Scott says, Its Kinda blackish, purpley walnut. Maby ill call it Blurple :D

OK. so its up for GOTM this month, lets see ho it does. Then next month ill throw up my green quilted satch with the gold trem, pups, tuners & walnut neck. plain this month VS flash next month. see which does best. Might be interesting :D or not :D

OK. so its up for GOTM this month, lets see ho it does. Then next month ill throw up my green quilted satch with the gold trem, pups, tuners & walnut neck. plain this month VS flash next month. see which does best. Might be interesting :D or not :D

Oh, it's always interesting.

Good luck with both Paulie.

SR