Side Adjust Truss Rods?

It looks like I might actually be able to start the build that's been rattling around in my head for years. Anyway, one of those Gotoh Side-Adjust truss rods that are on Warmoth (and some other luthier's) necks would simplify my design. Warmoth doesn't sell them and I can't find an online retailer that does. I'm suspecting these are OEM-only. Anybody know where to source these?

Ray

It looks like I might actually be able to start the build that's been rattling around in my head for years. Anyway, one of those Gotoh Side-Adjust truss rods that are on Warmoth (and some other luthier's) necks would simplify my design. Warmoth doesn't sell them and I can't find an online retailer that does. I'm suspecting these are OEM-only. Anybody know where to source these?

Ray

If I recall, these are a Japan only item for retail sales. So, a japanese online store needs to be found. Im pretty sure I got mine of eBay, from a builder that was cleaning out his workshop, but it was in 2005/6, so the memory is fuzzy. Ive used them about 10 times now, and found they didnt work as easily as a normal dual action rod. They work. They are good. But just not as easy to dial in. Certainly harder to install.

Quick update:

• Warmoth says they can't sell one separately
  • Stew-Mac says they can't special order parts
  • Found a French Vendor that will ship one, but they estimate the shipping to be 25 Euros for the 17 Euro item

I've emailed All Parts too, but haven't received a reply yet. Let me know if anybody wants the French Vendor's info.

I'm super keen on using one of these over a "regular" truss rod, but I'm doing a "string through" headless build and didn't really want to complicate the headstock area. If I can't get a Gotoh side-adjust, then I'll likely go with a Stew-Mac Spoke Nut Hot Rod.

Ray

I saw a picture of a side adjust truss rod after I googled it. I like that idea. I guess it would be less intrusive than an Ernie Ball style truss rod in a vintage Strat style guitar. Other than that, I really like the Ernie Ball style truss rod simply for ease of adjustment making. Come to think of it, I don't mind the regular style truss rods either since I take the truss rod covers off guitars I work with.