Osorio Blue Burst Lespaul

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tks BlackDog!!!

I think that black knobs will fit better, but is the owners choice, what can I do? Cry I guess! heheeheh

The owner says me that have to tuning 3 times, and now it's stable. Even using a roler bridge the tuning goes to space after two songs with moderate use of the tremolo. I ask a friend that have one bigsby with roler nut and bridge and the answer was the same: tuning goes to space! Dive bombs? Forget it!!

Tks BlackDog!!!

I think that black knobs will fit better, but is the owners choice, what can I do? Cry I guess! heheeheh

The owner says me that have to tuning 3 times, and now it's stable. Even using a roler bridge the tuning goes to space after two songs with moderate use of the tremolo. I ask a friend that have one bigsby with roler nut and bridge and the answer was the same: tuning goes to space! Dive bombs? Forget it!!

Yes, I was afraid of that.

I have a Gibson Historic 54 Les Paul Custom with the B7 Bigsby, and the tremolo is pretty much useless. Anything other than a gentle wobble and it goes out of tune, but this is with the standard ABR-1 Gibson bridge, a roller bridge should be at least a bit better...

I plan to put a B7 in the ES355 I'm building, mostly for the looks. But between the tuning problems and the price of a gold plated Bigsby, I'm REALLY having second thoughts...

Black, even a roler bridge don't solve the problem. Minimize it.

I put a harder spring than the original, all tremolo action gets harder too, but the tuning keep more stable.

If the guitar was mine I do not put a bigsby, maybe a vibrola system for a vintage guitar or a kahler system to a modern model.

1967-Gibson-330-TDC-with-Gibson-Lyre-Vibrola.jpg

frontsgftrysthy.jpg

Kahler_tremolo_system.JPG

Tks guys!!

with a roller bridge wouldn't most of the tuning issues would be at the nut? Sorry for te noob question, bever had a bigsby.That is a beautifull guitar man!

Master if the nut its well done and lubrificated (grafitti) I think that the problem remains with de tremolo, a simple bend get all gutiar untuned.

Beautiful work, Osorio. Can you post a pic of the lighting setup you used for the latest pics?

At the final pictures I use a Nikon D60 with two or three slave flashes. Th strongest flash pointed for the ceiling on a tripot to give an ambient ligth, other one weaker on a little tripot on the floor to give an fill ligth and the camera flash on the manual setup with minimum force as possible just do make the other one shot. The ambiente ligth I put behind and side me, the fill ligth I put on the opsite side the ambiente ligth.