Building A 6 String Hufschmid H6e (my Stripped Down Model)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooo much nicer without that red button... Seriously.

No disrespect intended.

Maybe one day you will hopefully seriously understand that I work on order and that the red button is a customers request...

No disrespect intended here either but this is pretty much the same as this:

"hey Hufschmid, do you also use chrome hardware on your guitars? It would look so much better with chrome!

Oh quick question, do you also use tone controls?"

Scientifics name this the first opinion's based impression (the human bug)

http://changingminds.org/articles/articles08/the_folly_of_first_impressions.htm

Hi Patrick, when did you return? Anyway, really nice to see you here again. Welcome back!

nice works!!

you are finish just with truoil?

how resistant keeps the finish to humidity or sweat?

It is a very hard and durable finish, not to be compared with a Tung Oil finish...

It it easy to apply, however care must be taken in order to achieve very thin and even coats otherwise it will be visible...

I can verify that. The finish, even after a few months of curing, isn't as hard as a thick poly finish. On the other hand it isn't as soft as a linseed or tung oil finish that doesn't build a film like true oil does.The guitars I have built and used true oil on have yet to stand the test of time but they sure seems to be fine this far. I had never used true oil before looking into Patrick's work, but his guitars inspired me to finally test it out and it is something I have now added as a "standard option".

I can verify that. The finish, even after a few months of curing, isn't as hard as a thick poly finish. On the other hand it isn't as soft as a linseed or tung oil finish that doesn't build a film like true oil does.The guitars I have built and used true oil on have yet to stand the test of time but they sure seems to be fine this far. I had never used true oil before looking into Patrick's work, but his guitars inspired me to finally test it out and it is something I have now added as a "standard option".

I've been using tru-oil for many years, I started using it and ordering it from LMII in 1999 if I remember correctly and it stands the test of time without any problem.

Also Tru-Oil is very popular among acoustic guitar builders...

Check out this topic on the gear page, some electric guitar builders had some amazing build up results...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=711780

And dont forget that tru-oil is being used for many many years for either gun restoration or gun finishing because it requires a very durable finish...

22x47LthumbholestockwithTruoil.jpg?t=1254321842

Soooooooo much nicer without that red button... Seriously.

No disrespect intended.

Maybe one day you will hopefully seriously understand that I work on order and that the red button is a customers request...

No disrespect intended here either but this is pretty much the same as this:

"hey Hufschmid, do you also use chrome hardware on your guitars? It would look so much better with chrome!

Oh quick question, do you also use tone controls?"

Scientifics name this the first opinion's based impression (the human bug)

http://changingminds.org/articles/articles08/the_folly_of_first_impressions.htm

I didn't know you worked on commission. I guess it just surprises me that anyone would request a RED button. To each his own I guess.

And you sure put me in my place by sighting your sources, boy howdy. Nao Ah Feel Styupad. :D

Can you solder that tape the same as you can copper tape?

My guess is conductive adhesive. Thas why he make all those marks to ensure good contact

The problem is the same with copper tape, both aluminium and copper tape have adhesive, you dont have to punch the holes if you dont want too...

the real issue is whether or not the adhesive is conductive - like the stew-mac copper shielding. iirc the allparts copper uses conductive adhesive too - usually the sticky side is black and its usually what you will find if its sold as shielding tape

I have not used the chrome tape in a while, cant be totally sure if it uses conductive adhesive or not but i dont think it was last time i had some from allparts and you could not solder it easily either. i think i saved it for the back of scratchplates & cavity covers rather than use it inside cavities or places needing joins

but alternatives people suggest like slug repellent tape will not have conductive adhesive and will definitely need to be joined some other way. since they are copper they solder easy enough

I've used aluminum foil with a non conductive spray adhesive before and had absolutely ZERO problems with getting everything conducting together...

but then again... it's better to be safe than sorry... so the dimples make sense to me...

overkill... maybe... maybe not....

Edited by Jdogg

• 3 weeks later...