Show us your CD

ProjectGuitar.com

If you have a CD that your selling on the net for your band or yourself post a link to the page in this thread!

I will be using this thread to update a new page over on the main site promoting members music for free so update it if you make any changes to your site or quit selling the CD's.

Please don't post conversations or chats here about each others work (those post's will be deleted) , just links to the site selling your work, Thanks :D

• 1 month later...

My name is Bryan Clark and I am an "Americana" artist from Texas. I have just released my 3rd CD "Work Songs of Love" (Rainfeather Records) and I was hoping to get some feedback from the players and guitar fanatics of the forum.

The CD is already receiving great reviews and confusing the labels out here in LA because "they don't know what to do with my music".

I describe it thus: John Prine, Tony Rice, Guy Clark, meet Sting, Steve Earle, and Eric Johnson in the Byrd's living room (ala "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" days) - even a Bluegrass version of Van Halen's "Running with the Devil"! Serious lyrics. Serious guitar/dobro.

The CD can be streamed 'hi-fi' and 'lo-fi' at:

www.cdbaby.com/bryanclark

I'd love to get your comments.

Pousto "Straight From A Dream"

www.muchopousto.com

it's kind of like Sublime meets the Police with some rock and a bit of punk mixed in. explaining it in words does it no justice, check out the site and get free downloads :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, we have two. Both support our music program at our church and we as musicians don't make a dime off of them. Autumn Stroll is really an EP of six instrumentals I wrote and is played by myself on guitar, and three players in our group "Circle of Friends." You can read about the project by clicking on the Autumn Stroll CD cover on the page I will give you the link to. It has sold in 10 different countries!

The other CD is our Christmas CD of non-traditional (for the most part) songs and traditional songs not necessarily arranged in a traditional way... Imagin "Silent Night" in Dixie, for example! Also, there are two original pieces on this CD which is entitled "Colors of Christmas." One is another original instrumental piece I wrote which has kind of a Chuck Mangione vibe called "In The Arms Of The Babe" and the other is called "God Comes Near" of which the lyrics were written by one of our bass players and the music was composed and arranged by our phenomenal pianist. This is one which should become a standard and probably would if it had any kind of distribution network. Phenomenal piece of music.

Anyway, the link to these CDs is at www.dynrec.com/cof . There are sample clips for both as well although they are in a quite compressed format. They will still give you a good idea though. Cheers! Boggs

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Leash & Scoop's "Version of Myself" has released. only for listening.

not my band, i just produced and mixed 'em.

Leash & Scoop

• 1 month later...

For those not on my mailing list, here's the CD release announcement for control FREAK. This is the first CD that features guitar builds and guitar playing on those guitars on a single CD.

Eventually I would like to get a project like this together for all of us on ProjectGuitar.

controlFREAK.jpg

People of Earth,

My new CD is complete and will be on sale through my site on September 30. It has been an agonizing process to create this CD because it is, in fact, the first CD of its kind. I have been about to pop to tell everyone about it, but I had to keep it a secret because it really is the first of its ilk.

So without further ado, I'd like to announce the release of control FREAK.

What is control FREAK, you ask?

control FREAK is an EnhancedCD with two parts. You can "hear what you see" and "see what you hear", so to speak.

The first part of the CD you "hear what you see" through seven original songs written and performed by myself on several guitars that I built. I tried to get every possible sound from each guitar - from clean to dirty, from low to high, from soft to hard. Each composition takes you through an imaginary world where little robots take over your brain through the sounds on the CD - and what could be more fun than that?

The second part of the CD you "see what you hear" as I have included pictures and details for all of the guitars that I built and played in the first part of CD. I show literally everything along the way, every mistake, every success, ultimately completing four guitars. In this part of the EnhancedCD, I cover all of the following:

* Creating a custom headstock logo

* Replacing a guitar neck

* Building and modifying a guitar kit (See photo here)

* Building a guitar body from scratch (See photo here)

* Building a guitar body and neck from scratch (with over 40 minutes of video! Yes, video!) (See photo here)

Whether you are interested in original music, in guitar building, or in the first time combination of the two, this CD is for you. Oh, and fear not, control FREAK is both Mac and PC compatible, and will play in any audio CD player.

The only thing left to do is to surf on over to the www.bellyjellymusic.com store and reserve your copy today!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are called "Circle of Friends" and we have 2 CDs out. They can be viewed and sampled here: www.dynrec.com/cof . Our Christmas CD got considerable airplay here in town and also as far away as Albuquerque, NM. It helped our sales a lot, needless to say! Boggs

• 2 months later...

My Latest recording, a rant about the way that we poor nicotine addicts are being treated in the UK, is on sale. :D

Bit Ramones-ish maybe, who knows.

The third track on the EP - "Cwm Curri" - was a hoot to do. It's about 20 of me performing in the style of a Welsh Male Voice Choir, singing the Welsh Hymn "Cwm Rhondda" with new words about eating Curry.

sidsays2.gif

The whole thing can be got from my website.

This is my friend Ralph. He's a singer/songwriter acoustic oriented musician but the CD took a lot of different directions and angles.

I played on this cd, contributing some guitar and organ tracks. I also did all the packaging and website work (website still under major construction) but there are sound samples for everything.

We're currently playing out around our area supporting the CD.

Ralph's Website / CD Linkhttp://www.ralphjeffers.com

Carried_Along.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Divided By Zero (hence Divided By James) and it was formerly called Ghoulspoon. We're mentioned in numerous thank you's from many national bands like No Doubt and Korn (see first album....they spelled it Goulspoon...geniuses :D ). We also have a song on The Playstation game Twisted Metal 4 (under Ghoulspoon).

When we're rockin...we sound like a heavier version of 311...or how I put it..."when Stevie Wonder meets Slayer". We also do acoustic versions of our own music.

Our 4-song EP can be downloaded here: http://www.dividedbyzero.tv/

or can be heard for free here: http://www.myspace.com/dividedbyzero

We're in the studio June '05 to re-record the EP with current drummer and a bunch of new songs. Anyone in bands interested in sharing shows with us, we're going to do some mini tours in August '05 up the California coast and out towards Arizona and Texas, so contact us through the myspace page or thru our website.

I'm a writer, not a performer, but I always keep my latest song-demos on my web site: http://www.DugzInk.com/Music.html

There are more in the works, so you can stop in every couple of months and hear a new demo. (I can't afford to spend a ton of money on demos, so that slows down the process.)

I try not to "over-produce" my demos, so some of them will sound a little sparce... but that's the whole idea... because I want artists (not Britney Spears, but real "artists") to be able to listen and say "That's nice, but I would like to add this here and that there." Once they invest themselves into the song, it has a better chance of making it onto an album.

D~s