Which shall I do?

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

A modest suggestion. If you decide to do either one, use a different f-hole. I've always felt that Fender's design was too angular. If you don't want to design your own, copy one off a Gibson or Epiphone. Even those cheap Harmonys and Kays have better looking f-holes than Fender's.

That's my opinion, yours may vary.

Just my opinion (Tele lovers - look away) - I have never understood why people like the looks of the Telecaster. To me, the body shape looks very old and boring. Even the headstock looks strange to me - like the designer just wasn't into it and just threw a little squiggle on the drawing board. The big metal bar across the controls - well I've said enough. I know everyone has their own tastes and I know my favorite guitar is someone else's most hated.

It will probably be one of those things that I will grow into. Someday I will wonder why I ever had an issue with them. Now's not that time though.

That design program is pretty cool though. I wish they didn't limit the wood choices based on the body style though. I'm done rambling now.

Yeah, I'm a tele fanatic, so I would have to go with that. You probably know this already, but the tele is geared toward a little bit more of a twangier sound than the strat. In my opinion, the sound of the thinline tele is godlike, and if you could find a way to simulate or enhance that sound it would be impressive. I'm a huge fan of thinlines. Good luck with your project!

Just to put in my two cents:

I think teles are an acquired taste. I didn't like them before, but the have sort of a boxy elegance to them, along the lines of an old BMW... but back to guitars. True, Tele's have a twangier tone, but I personally like it. Strats seem a bit too "guitar in a box" to me: there are enough strats out there.

Also, go for the ebony sharkfin, no matter the body. I like wood inlays, but it would look really awesome with Abalone or MOP (or heck, even mirror) border.

Okay so maybe that was more like 3 or 4 cents... oh well, the more the merrier, eh?

skibum5545

:D