Awesome Tool For Intonation

Ripthorn

I completed my telecaster build the other night and started to do the intonation part of the setup. The thing that really gets me about doing this is that I have to use a screwdriver to adjust the screws while trying to keep the handle up off the body so as to not scuff it. However, this makes getting a good grip on the screw difficult and can strip the screw heads. Well, I went to my friendly neighborhood Harbor Freight last night and picked up a set of these

screw drivers. They are 22" long, more than long enough to put the handle off the edge of the body. This allowed me to come straight-on at the screws. It worked perfectly, and for 5 bucks, I don't think it can be beat. I know what a lot of people say about HF, and yes, some of their stuff is lousy, and yes, some is great. I think these fall under great, seeing as how they will only be used for guitar intonating. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the flathead one...