Acoustic Recomendations

Tim37

recently i have been thinking more and more about getting an acoustic the other day i stopped by GC and played a few Martins and Taylors i am looking at there lower end guitars (under a grand) any way i like the feel of the taylor necks but the martin seemed to have a thinner body i liked that.

to make a long story shorter im looking for a non asian guitar thats afordable any recomendations other than martin and taylor?

I'd be looking at Breedloves in that price range. I got a Taylor 710CE about twelve years ago, and love it, but they were only slightly over $1000 at that point. These days, I think about half the money goes for the guitar, and half the money goes for the headstock.

In an even cheaper price range, I'm really big on the Seagull guitars, made by Godin. They seem to spend their time and money on sound, rather than appearance.

i have decided guitar companys try to keep where they make there product a secret btw the lower end breedloves are korean. i am gonna check out the seagulls they look promising so do the wasburns. there arent any local dealers for the santa cruz and i want to play the guitar first. t

Thanks All

I have been trying to get away from buying so much asian stuff

It's no use..all of the tax burden we have vs the tax breaks we give imports from China combined with their lower wages means that we can't make stuff as cheaply as they can..I just try to keep my imports from Japan...decent prices and good quality

heres a perfect example

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/msg/2652887492.html

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-ultra-iii-electric-guitar

the guy wants 600 new its 650 or used from mf its 520 this is pretty typical of what people think there stuff is worth around here. i personaly will just fork out another 50 bucks and get a new one at that point.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the guy wants 600 new its 650 or used from mf its 520 this is pretty typical of what people think there stuff is worth around here. i personaly will just fork out another 50 bucks and get a new one at that point.

Soundslike trying to buy cars or trucks in my area. People will ask for $3500-$4000 for an F-150 from the 80's or 90's that is totally rusted out and has 150k miles if you are lucky. Finding a guitar in my area is almost impossible, the closest guitar store is a 70 mile drive :D

I'd say go with Taylor or Seagull. Seagulls are made in Canada. I really like the Taylor guitars. I've never had any experience with their customer support but a guy I know called them about putting a pickup in and he got ahold of someone in their shop who told him how Taylor does it and where they have found a piezo sounds best in their guitars.

I think Taylors are fantastic. Really slick. I wouldn't mind one of their baritones.

I'd like to just play one, never had a chance too.

Taylors also have a bolt on neck so they are pretty easy to work on. My GS Mini has some little plastic clip on the inside of the waist on the bass side, anyone know what it's there for?

High end choice = Taylor... Just cant beat the overall tone in my book.

Low end choice = Crafter... I have a Crafter 12 string I purchased new for $400...It's worth twice that IMHO. It beats every import acoustic (and some older American acoustics) I've ever played.

I really like my Art Luthier cherry/mahogany dreadnought. It sounds really nice, and with a little sanding of the bridge to get the action right, it plays perfect for me... I do have smaller hands though... I'd recommend trying one out if you get the chance. They're made in Canada. They run between 500-1800, but I bought mine off an "unfortunate" for 30.