Guitar Of The Month For January

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 22nd or 23rd ofDecember then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I built this guitar for a smooth jazz player in Peoria, IL (Dexter O'Neal), Dexter named her Jessica (after Jessica Rabbit)

Specs:

1 Piece Honduras Mahogany back (Chambered, not full thinline)

Bookmatched Flame Maple top with traditional thinline F-hole

Flame Maple Neck

Medium EVO Gold fretwire

Color Matched headstock with MOP logo

Ebony fingerboard W/ "Faith" inlay in MOP

MOP Side Dots

Wilkinson VG300 Tremolo

Schaller locking tuners

Graphite Nut

Electrosocket Jack

Dimarzio Air Classic Pickups

Les Paul style controls

CTS Pots

Build thread:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=493067

P1010565.jpg

P1010547.jpg

P1010546.jpg

P1010540.jpg

I delayed entering this one in GOTM because I thought I was getting some nice studio spics of her but that doesn't look like its going to happen.

I finished it a while ago and I really like playing this one. Not that I don't like my other guitars but this is the new kid on the block :D. I was originally calling it the "Swampcaster" but a brief encounter with BL & Co. resulted in my having to change the name to "Swamp Telecaster" under threat of copyright infringement litigation. BIG :D

Specs:

ALL hardware is gold colored.

Gold hardtail bridge,

Gold colored jumbo frets,

Gold plated jack plate, neck mounting plate and strap buttons

Gold plated mini Grovers

Gold plated pickup rings

Brass nut

Brass hex-rod fb inlays

Brass/ebony side marker dots

Handmade single action truss rod w/ brass adjustment nut.

custom made, 1-pce. brass string ferrule plug epoxied into the body

25" scale

Neck is one piece Q-sawn HOLLY, ebony skunkstripe. Sanded down to a shiny 2000 grit and left natural.

EXTREMELY smooth feel, fastest neck I ever played!

Aged mahogany back using that cool vinegar-steelwool-rustynail recipe.

Top is bookmatched wrn. maple with matching burls. The burls and surrounding areas are painted in with dyes to resemble some strange plants. Just winging it, as it were. B) But it was fun to use some of the natural wood figuring for an authentic look.

Pickups are Samarium Cobalt Noiseless for strat, I like 'em!

This guitar is totally "open back" accessible. The pickups (strat or tele) can be changed without having to remove the strings. The cover plate is held on by magnets, they mate up with countersunk screws in the body. This covers everything, 5-way blade, vol and 2 tones, rear tone for bridge pickup.

HPIM2211.jpg

HPIM2180.jpg

HPIM2174.jpg

HPIM2178.jpg

Some more pictures here: http://www3.telus.net/Alsplace/Tele3/

I originally had some Q-pounders and the fb was dyed black.

Edited by Southpa

URBAN CAMO RHOADS V6

Queensland Maple body

USA Maple 3 piece Neckthru

Birdseye Maple board with Ebony binding

Reverse Sasafrass headstock

Kahler 7300 Tremelo

Grover Mini Tuners

Floyd Rose lock nut

Allied Luthier truss rod

Maple cavity cover painted same color as guitar

Rotosound strings - 10 to 46

Metal Dome knobs

Bridge pickup - Bareknuckle Painkiller

Neck pickup - Bareknuckle Mothers Milk

Switchcraft 3 way selector

Bareknuckle custom audio taper 550K pots (made by CTS)

NOS paper in oil 0.22mdf capacitor

Automotive 2k paints:

PPG (Autothane) primer

PPG Deltron Black

PPG Deltron White

Airbrush paints mixed from above PPG black and white

Airbrush used Iwata HP-CS to create the urban camo and to spray a slight burst around the edge of the camo to blend into black guitar

PPG D800 clear, cut to 1000, 2000 then 3000 before 3M perfect it polish

Build thread: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=45779&st=0

I built this guitar for myself to be my main player.

After building the Groges guitar, which was a new neck profile I experimented with I just had to build one for myself that played/felt just as good. Also after the black camo job on the Groges guitar I really wanted a camo for myself, so here it is:

IMG_1277small.jpg

IMG_1292small.jpg

IMG_1283small.jpg

IMG_1296small.jpg

I just cannot get a pic of the headstock with my iphone, the mobile phone camera cannot capture the white logo over the grey paint.

It is clear as in person but the pics it looks like it blends in.

Edited by demonx

The Nomad.

This is not really my normal style of guitar, but it was a fun build though. I sketched up the concept, I think during my freshmen year at Purdue, as sort of inspired by Garcia's guitar. It had never been more than just a sketch until last spring when someone expressed some interest in the design. As a result, here it is, the first Nomad. The top is buckeye burl, and the back and neck are both Honduran mahogany. Its got a ebony fretboard, with abalone dots, and the headstock veneer is also buckeye burl. Its a pretty simple guitar, the scale length is 25", the PUPs are from GFS, bridge is a Schroeder wraparound, the binding is curly maple, 1 vol 1 tone and a 3 way toggle, and I think that's about it. Enjoy. Some of the photos came out overly saturated with red for some reason, I tried to adjust for that to get a more realistic representation but they are still a bit on the red side.

you can see the other photos on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/petersinstruments/

6501502505_f4735ca5ec_z.jpg

Completed Nomad by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

6501586417_6440238d4b_z.jpg

6501532463_ae8ba9c5d8_z.jpg

6501515801_7c9e5900ab_z.jpg

lacento:ottanta

This is my first full aluminum guitar attempt (Steinberger GL Replica).

Specs:

Billet aluminum body, sandblasted and anodized black

Billet aluminum neck, sandblasted and anodized black

25,5” scale length

ebony fretboard

22 jumbo fret

Mighty Mite Motherbucker Neck & Bridge

1 Volume Pot

3 Way Switch

Technology4Musicians Gold FBridge

Technology4Musicians Gold Headless Nut

6,72 lb Weight

frontiuv.jpg

bodywq.jpg

sideaf.jpg

backpa.jpg

BUILD THREAD:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=45982

Edited by Technology4Musicians

This one was ordered by an Aussie expat in Hong Kong as a wedding anniversary gift, for him, dedicated to his wife. my initial thought was homer giving marge the bowling ball, but they are just making sure one another get exactly what they want! They wanted to use Australian timber where possible and really make something that sounded great and had a natural, understated beauty to it. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out and its currently on route to its new home.

Name: Mari

Shape: DCmk2

Body wood: Heavily Chambered Queensland maple body, Carved flamed Tasmanian Oak top

Neck wood: 9 Piece laminate neck of QLD maple & Tasmanian Oak with Rosewood veneer pinstripes.

Construction: Set neck

Fingerboard: Ziricote

Inlays: Hand cut MOP

Scale: 25″

Radius: Compound 9.5" to 12"

Frets: 22 Medium Stainless Steel

Hardware: Sperzel Locking tuners, Hipshot tremolo (w/Tremsetter),

Electronics: Lollar Custom P90's (F spaced bridge) 2x 500k CTS pots, Orange drop cap .22mf,

Control covers: Tasmanian oak

Nut: 43mm bone

Truss rod: Hotrod dual action

Truss cover: Ziricote w/white binding.

Finish: Nitrocellulose gloss on body and headstock, Nitrocellulose satin on back of neck and control plates.

Strings: Ernie Ball 10-46

42double.jpg

42done02.jpg

42done07.jpg

42done05.jpg

More photos and audio samples can be found here - http://twentytwelveguitars.com/?p=1000

Photos of the early construction/chambering can be seen here - http://twentytwelveguitars.com/?p=970