Wiring Diagram

FajiiNako

Oooooookay, here's what i've got

Ibanez Powersound in the neck (2 conductor wiring)

Hotrails in the middle (4 conductor wiring)

JB in the bridge (4 conductor wiring)

1 volume

1 tone

5 way switch

I've been having quite a time finding a correct wiring diagram for this. Every time i wire it up to a way that kinda works, i'll get a grounding problem, or 2 channels sound exactly the same on the 5 way... So yeah, i'm not very experienced with this.

So yeah, i figured that you guys deal with this stuff all the time and might know a way to do it ^.^ Thanks!

do you plan on having coil tapping? if not then find out which ones from the hotrails and the JB are for coil tapping and just tape the ends up so they dont get in the way and touch ground accidentlly. then what you need to do is work out which ones are ground and just solder them to the metal case of the 5 way switch and then a link from that to ground. after that you need to solder the hot lead from each of them to the corresponding tab on the 5 way switch. that you'll have to work out for urself unless you can get a pic up lol

Oh, well then i don't want coil tapping lol. All i really wana do is just have a normal setup: 3 pickups, 5 way switch, 1 volume, 1 tone.

Position 1 = Neck

Position 2 = Neck and Middle

Position 3 = Middle

Position 4 = Middle and Bridge

Position 5 = Bridge

I've searched throughout allllllllll of the SD site, and came up with something close, but not quite.

The guitar electronics thing is pretty helpful... I found a diagram that makes sense to me up until it gets to the switch...

http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectron.../wdu_hhh5l11_01

o.O what is that?

If I'm reading that right, you want a standard Strat setup - just wire the 4 conductor HBs as 2 conductors, coils in series, and use a standard Strat switch wired normally. Ferinstance, on the JB just connect the red and white together and tape 'em off, connect green (and shield ) to ground and connect the black lead to the switch, like this:

Strat w/master tone

Hope that helps.

The guitar electronics thing is pretty helpful... I found a diagram that makes sense to me up until it gets to the switch...

http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectron.../wdu_hhh5l11_01

o.O what is that?

That is the "5-Position 4-Pole Lever Switch" that I mentioned in my previous post. It'd be overkill for your desired setup. Just use the stock switch you have wired the way lovekraft described.