Misc Stuff About Life IV

not really theres a lot of kids here that are forced to live with there parents.

That's true,but in this country there is a social stigma attached to it.

I remember when I was a child my Uncle and Aunt moved in with my Grandparents(my uncle's parents)for a few months...it happens

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how´s everyone been? I´m glad to post again, and I hope I can drop in from time to time and get rid off the occasional spammer.

Wierd day today. :D I get this call from a woman that says she went to grade school with me? I can't place her?? With that said, she rattles off all of these people that are looking for me that I do remember? Wow! when did being gone 45+ years stir up all of this let's get reaquainted BS? Oh well! They want me to get on facebook and other social network sites. I nicely explained that I don't join those for privacy reasons,I gave her my email addy and left it at that. B)

We will see what happens next?

Hot and sunny here yesterday and today. 80s were the high temps. Should be colder in the morning and back to some normal temps for February by this weekend.

:D

edited to add: HI JOE good to see ya!!

Wow! when did being gone 45+ years stir up all of this let's get reaquainted BS?

It's an internet phenomenon that started with the whole "classmates" thing.People get in touch over the internet,talk about old times,say "whatever happened to(insert name here)?"...then someone will track you down via public data or whatever and give you a call.

It's harmless.If you did get on facebook you could set your profile to private and nobody could see anything unless they were "friended" by you.

It can be interesting to catch up and find out who changed the most.I am always having people track me down.A lot of them are people I never even talked to in school,but now they remember me(because I was "jesus" and everyone knew who I was)and now that there are no social groups like "jocks" and "metalheads" I guess they find me interesting.

A mere 5 years after school I ran into a guy I had never talked to from school and he shook my hand,wouldn't stop smiling,and said something like "I remember you,you didn't give a f**k about anything!"

I just had to laugh that I was perceived that way just because of a few verbal mixups with some wanna be gangbangers and a general FU attitude :D

Wow! when did being gone 45+ years stir up all of this let's get reaquainted BS?

It's an internet phenomenon that started with the whole "classmates" thing.People get in touch over the internet,talk about old times,say "whatever happened to(insert name here)?"...then someone will track you down via public data or whatever and give you a call.

It's harmless.If you did get on facebook you could set your profile to private and nobody could see anything unless they were "friended" by you.

It can be interesting to catch up and find out who changed the most.I am always having people track me down.A lot of them are people I never even talked to in school,but now they remember me(because I was "jesus" and everyone knew who I was)and now that there are no social groups like "jocks" and "metalheads" I guess they find me interesting.

A mere 5 years after school I ran into a guy I had never talked to from school and he shook my hand,wouldn't stop smiling,and said something like "I remember you,you didn't give a f**k about anything!"

I just had to laugh that I was perceived that way just because of a few verbal mixups with some wanna be gangbangers and a general FU attitude :D

Truth is i had a really close group of friends back then and now I barely ever see them.We are all still in touch but it is nice to remember seeing your friends every day

Well I guess that's okay? Me, I tried to get with some of these people years ago and they wouldn't give me the time of day. I was a Freak back then,(after grade school)B) So, I'm not real hip on the, let's make up and all is hunky dorrie ****. :D
So, I'm not real hip on the, let's make up and all is hunky dorrie ****.

I hear you.More than one guy who is now a facebook friend of mine I had words with back in the day...I mean,I WAS a long haired metalhead in the 80s at a small town high school of about 600 people..

But you know..in JR high in Bastrop I had a horrible time...I feel no urge to reconnect with those people at all...last one I saw ended up 6 inches shorter than me and trying very hard to pretend he had no idea what I was talking about...

There's only one other "Amiee Belanger" in my area. So when you do Facebook searches, you'll come up with hers. Mine's hidden :D

Hi joe!

A lot of girls do that. I never understood. I know one person who somehow had the button removed to send her a friend request. You had to ask her in person, then she'd send you one.

I'm sure people have their reasons, though.

I don't care too much about facebook privacy. If anybody want to find me, my name is Craig Pfeister. I'm the only person on planet Earth with that name.

Edited by NotYou

4)You can wear black socks and pull on shoes and nobody cares.

7)Your girlfriends come to me for advice about your "young punk" attitude..

They also go to their girls friends and gay friends, i.e. people who are sexually neutral from their perspective.

Black socks + pull on shoes = grandpa gives great advice

... or something like that.

Edited by NotYou
A lot of girls do that. I never understood.

It's because girls are raised that everyone is a potential stalker...It's basically just a way to scare girls into behaving "properly"

For the record,both my sisters have always been supremely unworried about such things,they were never told any "cautionary tales",they both lived in the middle of Austin for years,and neither one was ever harassed by men as much as I was stalked and harassed by women...I have been pushed against walls and groped,had my ass grabbed at every concert I ever attended,was stalked around around Elgin for a while,received "love letters" from random girls,and once at a party had a random 15 year old girl make her home for the night in my lap despite all of my protests that I was 18 and she was too young until i had to physically dump her on the floor.

And I loved every minute of all of it and I miss it now that it is gone :D

They also go to their girls friends and gay friends, i.e. people who are sexually neutral from their perspective.

Black socks + pull on shoes = grandpa gives great advice

... or something like that.

Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night.