Misc Stuff About Life IV

I got my little headless string retainer from Jcustom off ebay in just now.Seems to be good quality,but hard to tell until I get it in use.So now I can use it to make the three headless necks I want to make,then I can get the bridge,make the bodies,and finish them all and get the hardware for the other two at my leisure I guess

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oof..glad I only had one drink of the whiskey in the ginger ale...whiskey is not my thing.When I was a teenager we used to abuse the Jack Daniels quite a bit,but I just can't do it any more.

What's up with the Tebow/Manning thing?The Colts release him because he isn't healthy enough to be their starter and less than a month later he signs with the Broncos as a starter and Tebow is being traded away?I'm no Tebow fan but it seems a bit harsh for a guy that nearly got you there just this last season..Maybe the Steelers should take him :D

The police chief in Austin sucks...trying to babysit adults from walking home after drinking... :D The world is a dangerous place,get used to it.Taking away liberties is not the answer to everything,jackass

Oof..glad I only had one drink of the whiskey in the ginger ale...whiskey is not my thing.When I was a teenager we used to abuse the Jack Daniels quite a bit,but I just can't do it any more.

What's up with the Tebow/Manning thing?The Colts release him because he isn't healthy enough to be their starter and less than a month later he signs with the Broncos as a starter and Tebow is being traded away?I'm no Tebow fan but it seems a bit harsh for a guy that nearly got you there just this last season..Maybe the Steelers should take him :D

The police chief in Austin sucks...trying to babysit adults from walking home after drinking... :D The world is a dangerous place,get used to it.Taking away liberties is not the answer to everything,jackass

Huh, what is he doing? Most police chiefs would be thrilled that people are walking, not driving home after drinking.

Most police chiefs would be thrilled that people are walking, not driving home after drinking.

That's what i thought,but he was on the TV this morning saying "we are going to be the pests nobody wants to see harassing you every time you disobey a pedestrian law while you are drinking"

And then he starts being condescending..."It's really simple,you cross in the crosswalk and don't walk home after drinking by yourself"

Now you have to have a designated pedestrian to drink? :D

8 people have been hit and killed by cars this year in Austin,but I remember most of them were people running across the interstate in broad daylight.One guy that was hit at night was loading equipment into a van and he stepped into the road and got hit...the car that hit him never stopped,so I don't know how that was determined as caused by drinking..

But really it does not matter if every single one of them was drunk...the world is dangerous,life is difficult,and accidents happen.You can't harass thousands of people every week to MAYBE prevent a pedestrian getting hit...that is counter to the entire reason this country was founded and broke away from England...our forefathers wanted the freedom to make theor own decisions and live with the results...

But really it does not matter if every single one of them was drunk...the world is dangerous,life is difficult,and accidents happen.You can't harass thousands of people every week to MAYBE prevent a pedestrian getting hit...that is counter to the entire reason this country was founded and broke away from England...our forefathers wanted the freedom to make theor own decisions and live with the results...

Spoken like a true Texan.

Spoken like a true Texan.

Well,I was born and raised here in Texas,though I have been all over the country.But I think I would say "spoken like a man",because I believe every real man in every country believes the same thing...Only time men say otherwise is when what they personally wish to do is not in the crosshairs.

For example,Chief Acevedo is perfectly willing to take blood from people on the side of the road and harass people drinking downtown because he doesn't want to drink downtown and he will never have blood taken from him unwillingly...but try to pass a law taking guns and tazers away from the police and putting them in the hands of proven law abiding citizens to oversee the police and see how hard he fights against it.

Watch some men who don't smoke stand by and call smoker idiots for protesting the demonization of smoking in public,and then watch the same men cry about gas prices going up...exhaust fumes are much deadlier than second hand smoke....never seen anyone lock themselves in a bathroom and smoke themselves to death...

Some men cry about guns and how they should be illegal because some people misuse them...but how about outlawing colored spray paint because some people damage public property with it?

To boil it down..I believe all men believe they should be able to live free,unless those men are just blindly hypocritical...which a lot of men are..

Iiiiiii started a viola. Its for Narcissism. He says hi!

You can start an instrument for me if you like!!!!

Note: the above comment is intended to sound like a double entendre even though it doesn't actually make sense!!

I play upright bass, let me know if you ever start one of them.

Start one of what?

[edit]

oooooooh, an upright bass... I thought you were insinuating that I hadn't started back up on my violin, or Narc's viola. Sorry, I'm in a mood, and taking everything the wrong way.

Rule #1 for dealing with men:

If they say something, and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways hurts or upsets me, they meant the other way.

Edited by FireFly

If they say something, and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways hurts or upsets me, they meant the other way.

and with that you have men about 87% Figured out.

I tried to tell my ex that all the time,and I could never get her to understand...men just are not that devious,we are pretty much straightforward.

Like banging my head against a wall..

A little addendum to that...if we really want to upset you,we will just flat out say "F you,(fill in blank here in ascending order of how mad we are..B***,Wh***,C***)

And if we are really upset,we just stare at you for a minute,shake our heads,walk off,and you will never see us again and we won't take your calls..pretty simple,we are. :D

Had to drive one of my brothers to work yesterday and we exactly this conversation.

He's going through some 'stuff' with his wife and he can't say anything to her without her responding: "You said X and I know that means Y".

He quietly and consistently replies: "No ... I said X and I mean X".

. . .

I must be lucky ... I don't go through this sort of stuff with my wife.

Some of my staff ... yes. My wife ... no.

:D