Misc Stuff About Life IV

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This girl I've been seeing gets up really early for work and it works out great for me. I'm a notorious night person, but I'd love to be a morning person, so I've been getting up with her. I'm getting used to this quickly and I like it. If I didn't have another person waking me up, I'd never do it.

I feel like my life is straightening out finally. I'm being more productive, I'm more optimistic, I'm getting up early, and I feel happy for the first time in years. I'm broke as anyone can be and under a lot of pressure, but I feel great...

...It's amazing what sex can do for you :D ha

I also learned the less I talk to my ex, the happier I am. Go figure!

thers nothing quit like getting off work at 7am. now that will really screw you up. you go to work today but you dont leave until tommarow but its already tommarow when you go to sleep today and then you wake up tomarrow night but thats actualy today.

That always made me crazy too. It didn't help that I can never sleep while the sun's up.

SR

+1

(one of the absolute truths of the universe)

SR

It took me a surprisingly long time to figure that one out.

You know what is more important? The less you talk to your ex the happier your girlfriend will be, make your girlfriend really happy :D

I just ordered one of these

http://www.amazon.com/LinenSpa-Viscoelastic-Mattress-20-Year-Warranty/dp/B00474X5DO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333149936&sr=8-2

I have one(a twin)that I bought in Bastrop a few years back for $1200.What an overpriced mattress!...but it has been great,so I ordered this queen size.$300 you just can't beat it

But I discovered after a while owning the one I have that these mattresses work best when sitting directly on the floor,no box springs or anything...but that is too low to the ground and is tough for me to get up from.So this weekend I am hoping to build an extremely rigid frame for it that will look nice and put me the right height off the floor.I think I am going to use cedar because I like the smell and it is a fairly good looking wood that is easy to find in the right sizes and is inexpensive

So worth it though.i used to take Osteo Bi-flex every day just to sort of keep my back operational...something which I have almost forgotten all about now,except for last Saturday when I slept on my regular mattress for a night.Certainly noticed it then

I have a small bush out the front with wasps in it. Coupla times I was trimming it and because I was up so close, didn't see the wasps coming for me.

Ouch!! :D

So I just emptied a can of bug spray into it.

I might stay indoors a while ... :D

I prefer pots of boiling water,then I yell at them while they writhe in agony "Does your momma sew?Get her ta sew Dat!!!!"

I'm going to boil some water now.

And then I might go to the shops and buy some stuff to make pizza.

I prefer pots of boiling water,then I yell at them while they writhe in agony "Does your momma sew?Get her ta sew Dat!!!!"

I'm going to boil some water now.

And then I might go to the shops and buy some stuff to make pizza.

I just boiled some water, squash coffee with soy milk. Then I am going to make some satay sticks with spicy peanut sauce, with rice and fried broccolini with chilli, drizzled in a little blackbean seasoning.

Yeah ... I'm going to have to experiment a little.

Wes ... I've seen a few people suggest partially cooking the crust, but that isn't how the pizza places do it?? Nonetheless ... what, you put it in the oven for 5; slide the oven tray out and quickly throw the ingredients on; and slide it back in? Or do you take it out completely and close the oven so you don't lose heat; place the ingredients in a refined and leisurely manner; and return it to the oven? And 425(f) is very high heat ... 220© for us. But that's about where I had it.

And John ... any clues on the dough/crust ... that's the bit I'm most disappointed with?? I'm trying to achieve a thinner pizza ... not too thin, but not too bread-like. Also ... the places we buy from round here get that occasional air pocket near the edges. Almost a lebanese pocket-bread consistency.

There's 110 similar recipes out there ... I did something like:

Ingredients

375ml (1 1/2 cups) warm water

2 tsp (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast

Tablespoon of caster sugar

600g (4 cups) plain flour

1 tsp salt

60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra for brushing

Method

Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place to rise for 60 minutes or until dough doubles in size.

Where am I going wrong?!? :D