Misc Stuff About Life IV

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a piece in the paper yesterday about Seasick Steve. I think this is the look I'm going to aim for.

So far the voting is 7,685 against my beard and 3 for. My daughter is the only family member who doesn't hate it.

Might be a bit incongruous with a suit and tie, but ...

seasick-steve.jpg

The two chains I worked for had different methods.

Dominos:

thin - came in mostly baked already

hand tossed - came in raw and we had to shape it by hand

the crust was not par-baked, but had everything put on it once it was shaped

pan - came in mostly cooked already

Dominos pan crust was terrible

Pizza Hut:

They made all of their crusts in-house up until about 2005. After that, everything came in frozen. The "hand tossed" had to thaw and proof overnight in the cooler. The pan thawed overnight and was then put into a proofer in the morning.

What made Pizza Hut's pans still good after going to all frozen, pre-formed dough was the way it is cooked. The pan has a liberal amount of oil in it, so the crust actually fries on the outside.

There was a local place I worked for in '92-'93 that made their own dough, but the whole place was run right into the ground by taking the cheapest was possible on everything. Most of their food was crap by the time I got there.

I'd say look for a bunch of dough recipes, fogure out what is universal to all of them, then experiment and find out what tastes best to you.

For the sauce, it needs to be thicker than pasta sauce... right on the lip of being pasty, but still able to be poured. Like the crust, the flavor is all up to you.

I'd say look for a bunch of dough recipes, figure out what is universal to all of them, then experiment and find out what tastes best to you.

That's the plan.

Most of the recipes on the net are very similar to what I posted above ... so I guess it's time to experiment.

if i ever find that daylight savings time son of a beach im gonna kick him straight in the balls.

about 5 or 6 years ago my alarm clock goes out so i asked my pops to buy me one when he went to the store (i probably had to work) well he came home with this contraption that has two alarms am/fm sets its own time and also will update for day light savings. this morning my alarm goes off at 6 so i get up get a shower (theres a clock in my bath room) toss my watch on pick up my cel and check the weather then get in my truck (clock in the radio) and head to work the only strang thing is it was a little dark i was a little confused about that but hey i dont control dark and light. so any way i get to work no one on my shift has got there that was a little strange im never first in the parking lot. well i walk to the gate house and finaly look at a clock its 5:35.

f'ng daylight savings time. f'ng asshole that changed it and f the asshole that came up with it in the first place.

Bush Jr. changed it.That is the reason all of our computers and clocks malfunction.F-ing idiot was too stupid to realize his decision would screw up computers worse than Y2K...His "reasoning"(I use the term loosely) was that it would save energy via electricity.I think every state should reject DST like Arizona did.Matter of fact we should all move to Arizona because of how smart they are.

I think every state should reject DST like Arizona did.

Queensland is our Arizona ... they ignore it too.

We just finished Daylight Savings ... with an extra hour of sleep ... so I'm not complaining.

:D

well its spring here so we lost an hour, really confuses a 5 week old baby and her over tired parents

Nobody can complain about their age when they're still in their 20's. I'm only now realizing my age now that I'm 29, but that's only because 30 now seems so close and inevitable... unless I die first.

Edited by NotYou

nobody really expects anything from you when you're in your 20's

Except women, they want you to still be good in bed no matter what your age. :D

That's was OK in our 20's. They might have expected a lot, but like us, they lacked teh experience to know the difference. :D

nobody really expects anything from you when you're in your 20's

Except women, they want you to still be good in bed no matter what your age. :D

>snip< but like us, >snip< lacked teh experience to know the difference. :)

The hell you say, speak for yourself! I was very experienced before my 20s. That was back in the free love days my friend. As Jimmy asks in his song, "ARE YOU EXPERIENCED?" "YES I'M EXPERIENCED" :D

My wife and I had an argument years ago about my days of conquest so to speak. She was appalled and pissed that I remembered 99% of the names as well as places. HMMM! Yes I was stoned most of those times, but good memories are just that, Good memories. Clarity of the morning makes the difference. B)

She was appalled and pissed that I remembered 99% of the names as well as places.

I've never understood discussing this stuff with 'the one you're with'. No good can ever come of it.

I don't want to know ... and I don't tell.

That was then ... this is now.

But that's just me :D