Misc Stuff About Life IV

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wes why didnt you finish the wall befor you put the toilet in?

Because I did not want to.Don't worry there is room for running in the screws,I made sure...though I know from the pic it doesn't look that way.And the wall is not going to be painted,it is going to be tile over that cement board stuff

Oh,and because when it gets to the hot part of the summer I am going to stay in that container whether the walls are finished or not,and I will need a toilet for the night.I can take showers in the big house until I get the entire thing done.

She was appalled and pissed that I remembered 99% of the names as well as places.

I've never understood discussing this stuff with 'the one you're with'. No good can ever come of it.

I don't want to know ... and I don't tell.

That was then ... this is now.

But that's just me :D

yep she figured that out by asking the question, Better to not know and wonder, because sometimes the answer is not what you expected. :D it has never come up again. B)

She was appalled and pissed that I remembered 99% of the names as well as places.

I've never understood discussing this stuff with 'the one you're with'. No good can ever come of it.

I don't want to know ... and I don't tell.

That was then ... this is now.

But that's just me :D

I had that discussion with the girl I recently started dating.

ZOMG!

Bad, bad, bad idea.

Holy crap, bad idea.

On top of a horrible/awkward argument we now have images in our heads we will never shake.

Edited by NotYou
yep she figured that out by asking the question, Better to not know and wonder, because sometimes the answer is not what you expected. :D it has never come up again. B)

I had that discussion with the girl I recently started dating.

ZOMG!

On top of a horrible/awkward argument we now have images in our heads we will never shake.

EXACTLY!! As I said, I've never understood this.

I've seen it come up on other blogs and fora and it just messes with people's heads.

Were the previous partners bigger / better / longer / stronger??

What number is low enough not to seem like a sleaze ... but high enough not to seem like a prude or momma's boy?

I JUST DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!

Actually ... I don't plan on sleeping with anyone on this forum ... because the only one's of you vaguely close enough are Muzz and Perry ... and ... well ...

Anyway ...

You should all feel free to share your sleazy pasts in Part V of this thread.

[Forgive me if I abstain] :D

[quote name='MiKro' timestamp='1333414608'

Were the previous partners bigger / better / longer / stronger??

I started commenting then decided it'd be refrain.

I meant to add "better to" to my last post.

If we weren't together, our storied would be pretty damn hot. As is, the reactions are more like "you did what?!" and "oh, you like that huh? Would rather have that?"

Not good. That was bad night... with makeup sex... so, not all bad.

Mike,

The word is you're getting some srious weather about now.....

SR

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Tornado sirens went off about 30mins ago. It's now moved on but another on the way possibly in the next hour. Looks like the one by me as about 1/4mile away. May not be as lucky with the next one. :D Here's hoping it all blows on by. :D. Just rain right now. I could hear the last one as it moved through.

mk

**** more noise gotta go.

Mike,

The word is you're getting some srious weather about now.....

SR

It's been in the 70's here for quite a while, then it suddenly snowed. And I mean suddenly.

I didn't go home Sunday and was wearing sandles and a teeshirt. We couldn't eat outside because the sun was too hot. The next morning it was snowing.

***, Colorado?

Can't eat outside in 70 degree weather?Jeez cry me a river :D

+1

You're spoiled.

I know what you mean about the suden changes out there though. And you can never see it coming. Mountains get in the way.

SR

I wasn't complaining about anything. It was beautiful out. The sun gets really damn hot up here, though. It was just easier to go inside than sit in it because the air wasn't hot.

I lived in Israel for a spell. If I'm anything, it's not spoiled by cool weather.

But, seriously, that sudden change was crazy. We usually get a snow storm in April or May, but not overnight after a couple weeks of mid 70's.

Edited by NotYou
But, seriously, that sudden change was crazy. We usually get a snow storm in April or May, but not overnight after a couple weeks of mid 70's.

I hear you.One morning in March about '95 or so i went to work at and it was 85 degrees by 9 am...then about 10am a front blew in and by noon it was in the 30s...it snowed that night and the next day was brutal.Talk about unprepared,I did not even have a coat.Now I always keep my coat in my truck

all ok now B) just bad ass winds that time with a bunch of rain. :) Should be all gone in the next 2 hours

Australia is renowned for extreme weather patterns ... hell, our national anthem even refers to it. And I'm sure it must seem to you guys that upwards of 50% of our country is either flooded; hit by bush-fires; or in drought ... or all three at the same time!

And that's probably true. But the great bulk of Australians live around the edge of the country ... no-one lives in the middle ... we don't even know if there is a middle; we've never bothered looking. 'Cos that's where 90% of the bad stuff occurs. But from time to time the other 10% of the bad stuff hits populated areas ... and sometimes quite badly.

All of that said ... I'm in Sydney and we don't get much of the extreme stuff at all. Queensland, the Northern Territory, and the northern parts of Western Australia cop it all. Today? Well it's a glorious Autumn (Fall?) day in Sydney.

But ...

We keep hearing that climate change will bring about more extreme weather conditions so who knows.

Hopefully you're in the clear Mike.

:D:D