Eco Guitar Project (lots Of Pics Inside)

Inasmuch as you would like to find a source of FSC-certified veneer Scott, I believe that re-use is a far superior option to sourcing new materials. It does however present immediate supply limits in terms of repeatability for "production" instruments. My two cents.

I love the whole re-use concept and have made a few guitars out of old coffee tables (see below) but I haven't ever thought about re-using veneer... Any examples of what you're talking about?

Buckeye burl top is from a coffee table:

4542199193_7db7c12d64_z.jpg

Redwood body is from a coffee table:

6790459929_a5441e4603_z.jpg

Redwood top from coffee table:

sf2raw.jpg

I ended up screwing it up and had to paint it. :D

5070809434_58961d3348_z.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I'll most likely only get around to that when I hate myself enough hahahah.

I wish I didn't know exactly the process and feeling you are talking about!

Bummer about the Alumitones. That is the good thing about pickups though, just swamp them out. Did you have to make/modify some funky pickups rings for the more square shape?

Inasmuch as you would like to find a source of FSC-certified veneer Scott, I believe that re-use is a far superior option to sourcing new materials. It does however present immediate supply limits in terms of repeatability for "production" instruments. My two cents.

I love the whole re-use concept and have made a few guitars out of old coffee tables (see below) but I haven't ever thought about re-using veneer... Any examples of what you're talking about?

Pretty much what you have done there, Scott. I don't know how feasible re-using veneer would be, however resawing thicker recycled stock is what I had in mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who voted the SF3co prototype GOTM for March!

I knew when posted my guitar up for vote your's was going to win that month, didnt matter who went up against it, it'd won before the comp even started.. Its hands down the sort of thing the guys on this forum go for and to add to that it was executed to perfection.

It's probably why there wasnt many submissions last month! Intimidation!

Congrats on the win - well desreved.