neck crack in neckythrough guitar

hai, i just want to know how to fix the crack in the neckthrough guitar. my friend had a copy of gibson sg with neckthrough neck, and it has crack a t afew spots. some are just before the fretboard and some of them are way down the neck and way down towards the body. is there any chance of repairing this crack?

i don't have the pics right now as i don't have any camers to get the pics. btw snork, it's not a crack in the finish, its crack in the wood. my friend was thinking of thrashing it away but i'm still under negotiation with him if he could give me the guitar instead of thrashing it away. the crack is quite deep into the neck which i think, can't be reapired. but, then again, in this forum, you could always found someone with astounding ideas... :D

well the idea eis to stabilize it as much as possible I'd reccomend a combination of wood glue and filler and then let it set and refinishi it. my grandpa is an expert. and he told me to get a ton of fine wood particles and glue mix them up and fill in the crack with them. then refinish it. apparently this is te strongest fix you can get.

Guest AlexVDL

It sure would be handy if we had some pics, otherwise we would be guessing what kind of crack it is...

And if it's an SG copy, it could just have a set neck (glued in) rather than neck thru... but if you say so I believe it B) If it's a glued in neck, the crack could be on the glue lines. If it really is a necj thru then the problem is much worse and need drastic repair.

So please try to get some pics so we can help you out!

:D