Check Out This New Guitar Hanger Design By An Old Pg Member

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I've been on here. I won GOTM once or twice and submitted a few tutorials to the site years back when I was involved. I had to get out of building when my house got robbed and all of my instruments got stolen. I sold the house to move into a safer apartment while finishing school.

Anyhow, I've had the itch to get back into design (related to guitars at least) recently. I'm trying to launch a new project on kickstarter.com here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1488481841/the-closet-guitar-hanger

It's a new way to hang your guitar: in the closet. Please check it out. If you like it, share it with friends. If the project reaches its goal, these will go into production, which would be pretty epic! Anyhow, thanks for reading and keep building!

~russ

• Like 1

Good seeing you back on the rails, Russ. A very cool project and I will certainly donate. My only design concern is stopping guitars knocking into each other on the rack....obviously popping a hung coat or whatever between is the obvious solution. Perhaps a pair of padded spool clamps either side of where rear strap buttons sit? :D

Good seeing you back on the rails, Russ. A very cool project and I will certainly donate. My only design concern is stopping guitars knocking into each other on the rack....obviously popping a hung coat or whatever between is the obvious solution. Perhaps a pair of padded spool clamps either side of where rear strap buttons sit? :D

I've hung up 3 guitars in a row with about 1" between each and there was no serious concern of them touching as they were removed. The clothing between instruments is a fantastic idea though, very simple and the clothes are there already!

Cool idea. I'll donate when I get some money I can spare.

Out of curiosity what kind of car parts do you make?

Thanks, it's appears that the kickstarter site won't feature projects until they've gotten a decent following on their own. I'm hoping I can get a buzz going in the next few days so that kickstarter will give it a bit more publicity. It's only got 27 days left and if the target isn't reached, they won't be produced. So if you really want one (or more!), you'll want to be sure to get in within that time frame.

Regarding the car parts, I design high-end performance parts for hondas, acuras, bmw's, and porsches. Check out hybridracing.com and fastguys.com to see some of my work.

~russ

Edited by thegarehanman
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. Great news, I decided to reevaluate this kickstarter project and try it again from a different angle. The project got fully funded in only 3 days and it will stay up for another 27 days. If you're interested in checking it out or were thinking about picking one of these up, you can check it out here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1488481841/the-new-closet-guitar-hanger

I'm pretty excited about this. I thought it would do better this time around, but I didn't expect quite this result! Thanks for looking. :)

~russ

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. If any of you were itnerested in these but weren't familiar with kickstarter, the project was successfully funded a few weeks back and since then all orders have been filled. I still have a ton of inventory and put up a new site to sell them through.

Check out closetguitarhanger.com if you want to pick one up.

~russ

• 4 weeks later...