Singlecut Duet

So I am a little new at this but I am curious how you did those bindings to match the frets. It looks awesome and my next project (just in the design stage) is a LP copy for a friend. Would love to add some detail like that.

It looks like he used a pattern following router bit and used the frets themselves as the pattern for the bulk of it. A razor or exacto was likely used to square up the corners where fret meets board. Elegantly simple solution.

SR

So I am a little new at this but I am curious how you did those bindings to match the frets. It looks awesome and my next project (just in the design stage) is a LP copy for a friend. Would love to add some detail like that.

It looks like he used a pattern following router bit and used the frets themselves as the pattern for the bulk of it. A razor or exacto was likely used to square up the corners where fret meets board. Elegantly simple solution.

SR

:D

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-1553.jpg

This helps so much! I just got some mahogany that wasn't wide enough. For some reason I just didn't think I could glue it up like this. (you know not having a "perfect center line"). Thanks for this. I'm looking forward to this build :)

• 4 weeks later...