New Here. Check Out Some Pics From My First Build!

Hey guys, I'm new here. You may know me on SS.org or MG. Anyways, I'm almost finished my first build and ain't lookin at stopping here. I've got wood for 3 more builds and hardware for another one already lined up. Got myself a decent collection of tools already as well. I can already tell that being a member here is going to help me out alot. Here's some pics to keep the thread entertaining.

404977_3729282718681_1474355618_33267547_1398763999_n.jpg

392474_3978668393167_1474355618_33378253_1092336554_n.jpg

543380_3978707874154_1474355618_33378271_520231109_n.jpg

401723_3978893478794_1230124377_n.jpg

581043_3876443277603_832036803_n.jpg

I'll probably make a thread when I finish it up, but if you want to see how it has come together so far you can check it out here:

http://www.ultimate-...d.php?t=1535788

That is a great collection of wood and the first build looks like it's going nicely. Keep us posted. On an unrelated note, what Ibanez model is that in your first photo?

Welcome to the forum! I'm the same username over at SS forum.

This is easily the best forum on the net for building guitars, only have to check out the entries ever month for the "guitar of the month" to know you're mingling with a talented bunch of people.

• Like 1

That is a great collection of wood and the first build looks like it's going nicely. Keep us posted. On an unrelated note, what Ibanez model is that in your first photo?

Looks like a vintage Frank Gamble model... if so that would be sweet!

Thanks for the kind words. It's actually an S540 from 1990. It was basically my dream guitar a few years back, and when I lost all hope in finding one, it popped up on Kijiji! Played twice in 1990 and cased ever since.

Also Mr. Guitar Logistics, you've already helped me alot through your thread on sso! Thank you!

Hey Levi, Absent Mind from UG or Neil on ss.org here :P

I just keep on bumpin' into you! haha.

Welcome to the forum! I'm the same username over at SS forum.

This is easily the best forum on the net for building guitars, only have to check out the entries ever month for the "guitar of the month" to know you're mingling with a talented bunch of people.

For sure alot of talent on here. Already learned a few things! Great place to be so far!

Thanks for the kind words. It's actually an S540 from 1990. It was basically my dream guitar a few years back, and when I lost all hope in finding one, it popped up on Kijiji! Played twice in 1990 and cased ever since.

Also Mr. Guitar Logistics, you've already helped me a lot through your thread on so! Thank you!

Welcome to the big boy forum. We talk about techniques and building here...

Start a thread for your builds and contribute. If no one is talking check your view count (if it is up it is all good).

If you ever feel like parting with the S540 let me know ;) I have a few vintage Ibanez it can hang with.

Glad to help you with your builds... some really talented builders here and you will learn a lot here.

Also Mr. Guitar Logistics, you've already helped me a lot through your thread on so! Thank you!

Welcome to the big boy forum. We talk about techniques and building here...

Start a thread for your builds and contribute. If no one is talking check your view count (if it is up it is all good).

If you ever feel like parting with the S540 let me know ;) I have a few vintage Ibanez it can hang with.

Glad to help you with your builds... some really talented builders here and you will learn a lot here.

Haha, yeah I don't know why I didnt join earlier.

Never ever parting with that S! Ever! It's got a bunch of Ibanez friends to chill with at my place. It's got a couple RG7's and it's brother S540 FMTT

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

Some nice purpleheart

Already got an idea lined up for it :)

Might as well leave this here.

544678_4022294563794_1055495958_n.jpg

Edited by Levi79