Guitar Of The Month For August

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of July then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :)

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

Name: Swirled Surfer

This years Wildflower Festival Swirl guitar is all about fun in the sun. The body style and swirl paint colors evoke the vintage flavor of surf guitar music.

The Surfer Swirl Guitar is made up of walnut back with a maple core and top. The fretboard is a maple/rosewood combo that gives this guitar a look like no other (Except for it’s reverse twin: The Texas guitar). The pick is hand wound P-90 that gives it that surf tone.

The guitar was donated and auctioned off to raise money for a local charity.

580109_10150997483301228_621145985_n.jpg

swirl-guitar-1.jpg

swirl-guitar-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LC Guitar

Attached are some images of my first guitar build! The body is made from African Mahogany and the side wings are Maple. The Side wings are removable so that you could easily change the style of the guitar. It uses a Schaller Hannes bridge, Schaller tuners and EMG pickups. I designed and built the guitar in the computer and made templates from the 3D data to construct the guitar.

If interested, you can learn more and see time laps videos of how it was made here.. http://www.instructa...Design-process/

_MG_2864.jpg

_MG_2838.jpg_MG_2835.jpg_MG_2891-Edit.jpg

Edited by AAL

S906 Express #2

Padauk/Bocote neck attached to a Northern Ash Body with hipshot parts and Diablo pickups.

Neck : Padauk

Fretboard : Bocote

Scale : 25.5

Frets : 24

Trussrod : ALLPARTS

Body : Northern Ash

Tuners : Locking

Pickups : Diablo 6 String Humbuckers

Bridge : Hipshot

Electronics : Vol 3-way Tone

Full_Front_2.jpg

Front_Angled.jpg

Side_Angle.jpg

Cover.jpg

I am entering this RockBeach CamelBack CB-III again because I have changed necks to an olivewood neck with a pistachio fingerboard. I have found olivewood to have a beautiful slick feel especially with Murdoch's Hard Oil for the finish which is also what the walnut topped and backed tulip poplar solid body (with a larger than standard pickup rout chamber) is finished with for a satin look. With this neck in place with a very snug fit and extra beef at the neck heel (which you cannot feel when you play it), this guitar resonates like a cigar boat! Seemingly all of the strings' energy is captured by the body which gives this guitar a thick yet Stratty tone to go with the spanky quack. Sustain is forever and it projects remarkably well acoustically. This neck is the Holy Grail in this guitar!!! I can build another, but this one is MINE! Scale length is 25.5" and controls are pure Strat. Yes, there is more wood around the outside of the pickguard and it does maintain my ergonomic design at the bottom of the guitar so it doesn't fall over if leaned against a wall or sofa or chair and also the output jack is located in the cutout so it will not come out especially if you use a right angle plug. The cutout also fits around the inside of the leg for a perfect classical seating position. Familiar traits while maintaining my trademark character.

CB-III_Olive-Pistachio1s.jpgCB-III_Olive-Pistachio2s.jpgCB-III_Olive-Pistachio3s.jpgCB-III_Olive-Pistachio4s.jpgCB-III_Olive-Pistachio6s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

EXISTO

neck: mahogany

fingerboard: indian rosewood

scale: 24.75

frets: 24

body: mahogany, weight relief chambers

top: quilted maple

hardware: Gotoh 510

pickups: Seymour Duncan SH1/TB15

controls: 3-way switch, 2 volumes, 1 master tone

more pics and building thread: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=46521&st=0

Brutal-Guit-05-07-2012-2.jpg

Brutal-Guit-05-07-2012-7.jpg

Brutal-Guit-05-07-2012-27.jpg

Brutal-Guit-05-07-2012-9.jpg

Edited by brutal-lv

Semi-hollow vixen

Who doesnt love some blue quilt? as over dont as this combo is I really like the way this one turned out and had fun making it. The carved top is solid quilted maple with creme binding, and the back and neck are both mahogany. fretboard and other wood appointments are EIR, the headstock veneers are quilted maple and the logo inlay is silver wire. its got two tones and a master volume coming off of two fralin pur paf's. The bridge is gotoh with an archtop style base and tailpiece, and the tuners are grover sta-tites. The blue stain is analine dye under the nitro finish. I'm going to put up some more photos on flickr of the carved heal, the back and neck, and just the guitar in general in the next day or so on flickr. these photos are kinda washed out and don't really show the figure or color very well, but they are all Ive got at the moment.

the new photos will be here when I get a chance to post them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/petersinstruments/

7639178900_e8ae92c397_z.jpg

DSCN4866 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

DSCN4869 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

7639185880_98e9149d66_z.jpg

DSCN4863 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

7639183606_b8ff07abfb_z.jpg

DSCN4864 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

7639188654_b91a122d0a_z.jpg

DSCN4862 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr