Where To Find Neon Green Inlay Dots?

Or, rough cut them. CA them to the flat end of a drill bit. Chuck it up. Sand flush to bit. Pop off with razor blade.

Obviously, I'd recommend cutting off the actual drill part of the bit so you just have a metal rod. I use old bits and it works great. I've done it with wood, recon stone, etc. I even make little 3/32" diameter side dots this way!

Chris

Go to a toy store. There are loads of cheap crappy toys made of all sorts of mad colours. get something with plastic dowels in a colour you want & cut them up. Thats all I do for mad coloured dots. Iv even come accross neon translucent green knitting needels with glitter flake in them. great for funky dot markers !!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you are looking for green neon fret markers .. What I did for one of my customers was purchase 1/4 fiber optic rod "end glow rod" it comes in a wide variety of colors and sizes you can match you side dots as well. Its already round just cut to length and pot with a thin vecosity super glue. The end glow rods are what are used for gun sites etc .There are a number of vendors on the web .Fiber Optic Products inc is one I have used in the past. e-bay has venors naturally. I 've been trying to share a photo but not having much sucess.. Check in to it I think you'll be happy!!!!

Yes. I used a children's game of Ker-Plunk (travel version) and got some yellow, red, blue and green side markers! Similar to Wes' drilling method, you can take a small length of brass rod, file the end roughly to "tooth" it (deburr the centre) and drill through plastic. If you have thick plastic you can leave the dot in there, wick in some CA and you have outlined dots.